Route 66 newbie

Reaction score
Greetings from Kingman Arizona. This is my first time on this site. About a year ago I was at a route 66 festival and saw a guy flying a quad copter and was mesmerized. I spoke to him for a bit and put the idea of ownership on my short list of things I might like to do. Fast forward to present. Other than work or going to the gym I realized I have no hobbies. So I have been doing the you tube research and feel that a drone would be a great way to enjoy the desert. I live close to Vegas and was wondering if anyone can help me with finding a reputable full service Dji dealership so that I can get started. Thanks in advance.
Doc

Best Buy and Apple stores sell them, but (authorized) repair shops are few and far between.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I usually stay in Kingman on 66 on my way to Vegas from Phoenix. When you get your bird head over towards Oatman and film all those cars in the gully on the road there at the big curve. I have photographed them from the roadway but flying them would be great!

100_1559.jpg

100_1597 (1).jpg

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I usually stay in Kingman on 66 on my way to Vegas from Phoenix. When you get your bird head over towards Oatman and film all those cars in the gully on the road there at the big curve. I have photographed them from the roadway but flying them would be great!

View attachment 48380

View attachment 48381
Thank You and it's on my list.

Just came across your post as I am planning on taking my P4 on a road trip to the US in June.

This is my first drone not used it much yet and looking at great places to fly when I visit the US.

Doing a loop - San Fran - Hollywood- 29 palms- williams - gran canyon - vegas/ Bryce Canyon etc and back to San Fran.

Just saw the post about oatman that place looks awesome and I figured I could go via there on way to Williams from 29 palms. Where abouts is the car pit exactly?

Cannot wait to go :)

View attachment 48380

View attachment 48381
Looks like the place they filmed all the crappy old car off the cliff scenes on The Rockford Files, 6 Million Dollar Man, etc... What/where is that place?

They are on the road out of Oatman AZ towards Kingman AZ. There are many tight curves, you should spot it when you pass. Right near it is an old car jammed between 2 boulders just up from the curve 'Oatman Topcock Highway', Bullhead City, AZ. I believe it is the curve about 1.7 miles north of Oatman.

Years ago Oatman was a cool place to visit, not over done and descendants from left-behind miner mules were wandering around in the streets and shops. Over the years it has just become another tourist trap designed to extract as much money as possible from your pockets. If you've never been, it is still worth visiting, just pass up the T-shirt & trinket shops and check out the original parts of what was once a boom, then bust, then ghost town. Be sure and stop in the hotel bar. Enjoy.

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
They are on the road out of Oatman AZ towards Kingman AZ. There are many tight curves, you should spot it when you pass. Right near it is an old car jammed between 2 boulders just up from the curve 'Oatman Topcock Highway', Bullhead City, AZ. I believe it is the curve about 1.7 miles north of Oatman.
So, those vehicles are there as a result of REAL auto accidents ? Is there a hairpin curve there out of view?

Do you have any footage of that location? I was trying to find it on youtube with no success. I might not be using the right key words for the search.

The curve I am referring to is at 4:20 in this video (not mine).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really strange. I can't seem to find those cars on google maps. If you have a google maps link for that location can you please send it to me ? I intend on traveling that road in the next year and want to check it out. I'd like to know exactly which curve it is. Maybe it's really obvious but I can see myself getting out there and not being able to find it.

Greetings from Kingman Arizona. This is my first time on this site. About a year ago I was at a route 66 festival and saw a guy flying a quad copter and was mesmerized. I spoke to him for a bit and put the idea of ownership on my short list of things I might like to do. Fast forward to present. Other than work or going to the gym I realized I have no hobbies. So I have been doing the you tube research and feel that a drone would be a great way to enjoy the desert. I live close to Vegas and was wondering if anyone can help me with finding a reputable full service Dji dealership so that I can get started. Thanks in advance.
Doc
I got my P3 Pro from ebay seller pixelhub for 720 free ship no tax. Been pleased with it. Do a search for dji on slickdeals to see what best deals are right now. You'll find good pricing reference there. Good luck.

Doc here, give me a shout when you are getting close to arriving and I will personally give you a tour[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: STE HAGGAN
I've added this place to my list of places to visit on my way to Grand Canyon because of this post

Very new to drone flying and hope to get some great memories of my USA road trip:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers