Rough motor - issues replacing bearings

Reaction score
I had gotten a bunch of high quality bearings off Ebay when I first got the Phantom; but hadn't thought twice about it until now.. One of my motors was acting rough after my last flight.. On the next flight attempt, the motor wouldn't come on (and felt slightly harder to turn then the rest..)

Turned it back off/back in, and it was turning.. but I didn't dare fly it.. Time to replace the bearing..

Issue is, I can't pop the bearings out! Any tips on how to do this? The youtube videos make it look so easy. Mine do not pop out.. (I've tried on two different motors..)

I've taken the motor apart, tried poking through the hole and tapping the bearing - but no matter what I do, it's not coming out..almost as if it's jammed in there/glued/etc.. Anyone else seen this? This was one of the phantoms with the original receiver (no spring for throttle..)

-mark
ps - on attempting to re-assemble, broke my e-clip.. d'oh:( grounded until ebay delivers what I need:(
pps - was very tempted to get the anti-gravity motors that're selling on amazon.. but for $189.. not worth it.. is it? When the phantom itself is going for less then $500 now..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers