Rotorpixel update

Reaction score
Those interested that didn't get the email; Rotorpixel been in touch with a production update. They are waiting on their gimbal control boards to arrive before they can finish the product but hopefully that'll be sorted sooner rather than later. Cost wise $250 to $400 which is a lot cheaper than the alternative at the moment. Power options will be external battery or tap into the PV power by doing a simple solder job. Personally can not wait much longer so hope these are ready for purchase soon!

Does anyone know what kind of flight time the unit will get with this installed? I really like the 25-27 min flight time...

semaj said:
Does anyone know what kind of flight time the unit will get with this installed? I really like the 25-27 min flight time...

No on would know the answer to that till the product is out. But I'd speculate if you're tapping the power off the main battery the flight times might be in the range of a phantom 2 with zenmuse and gopro. You can view the phantom 2 non vision thread for more info there but I think fight times are around 15 to 20 minutes with that setup including FPV addons. If using a secondary battery just for the gimbal that would almost certainly improve the overall flight time despite a little extra weight for the added battery. I'd speculate that flight times (even with separate gimbal battery) will still be reduced from stock P2V flight time if nothing else from the added weight.

Morgan 1983 said:
Those interested that didn't get the email; Rotorpixel been in touch with a production update. They are waiting on their gimbal control boards to arrive before they can finish the product but hopefully that'll be sorted sooner rather than later. Cost wise $250 to $400 which is a lot cheaper than the alternative at the moment. Power options will be external battery or tap into the PV power by doing a simple solder job. Personally can not wait much longer so hope these are ready for purchase soon!

Awesome thanks for the update. I too am really looking forward to this...really!

James

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj