RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

So do I Mike;) I've tried everything but piglet ain't having it:)

Had a fly around this morning, all good & gonna take it back out in an hour or so. If it flies away hope it makes its way back home:D
Good luck Porky;) Can't wait to see more pics! At least you and Mrs. Porky are enjoying yourselves;) I'm sure piglet will come through for ya:) Maybe its culture shock:confused: or can't figure out the nice weather yet;)

My daughter had a fabulous time in London and out of 8 days it only rained once in the afternoon! She stopped in for a visit today and to drop off my treat, half a dozen bags of Hula Hoops;) my all time favorite:D:D:D

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Mike Drone7
Glad to hear its at least working out for ya Mike, your gonna enjoy the gimbal once you see how smooth the videos are
Thanks again Squid. I'm loving the RPG but still testing the waters with it;) My bird and me for that matter are still getting used to the additional weight. It dropped like a rock the first time out with about 50% battery left:eek: Dirk suggested conditioning my batteries a few times down to 50% recharge and do it again a few more times. After doing that it works like a dream come true:D Had a few other funky things happen lately too but I've got everything sorted out now it think. Going to keep it close for a few more days and then I be back to zipping around like I was before I installed it. Also waiting on a tracker to come before I go long again. Another helpful tip from Dirk:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Ya I wanted to get a tracker for mine too but having a hard time here in canada getting a hold of a sim card everyone wants to sell me a phone too which I dont need, asked at our phone company here and they looked at me like I was strange asking for just a sim card, she didnt even know how it would work here in Canada... you guys got all the good stuff down in the U.S, I found with the gimbal I had to calibrate mine everyonce in a while the gimbal that is it seemed everyonce in a while it would go off kilter a bit, then I would recalibrate it and it would be good again dont know why but works great otherwise

Reactions: Mike Drone7
That's sucks you can't pick up a sim card but have you taken a look at the trickimo. Don't need a sim card with it. It's $139 US and comes with a one year subscription after that it's $5 a month. I'll dig in this thread again but are you talking about calibrating the RPG? I got the following tip from Dirk. Is this what you are talking about?

Try powering up the system again, then disconnect both motor cables, and fix the camera in a perfectly level position against the table, or some other surface. Then, with the camera fixed in a level position, press the button on the back of the gimbal control board once, and let it sit for a few seconds. You should see a green light on the control board flashing for a few seconds while the accelerometer re-calibrates itself. Then, power down the unit, plug the motor cables back in (it is important that you plug them both in the same orientation as when you removed them!), then power the unit back up.

Thanks Squid;)

Any one know where I can find a replacement board wire for the Rotor board (other than direct, since they never reply to inquires!) ??

Looks like the one attached below.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• rotorpixelboardwire.jpg
    rotorpixelboardwire.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 316
Any one know where I can find a replacement board wire for the Rotor board (other than direct, since they never reply to inquires!) ??

Looks like the one attached below.

Thanks!!
That goes to the camera right ?

It runs from the control board to the bottom of the Rotor Pixel camera mount.
Ya ..I went out and looked at mine a little while ago and is the long one . Mine sits on top of the camera mount though . Have asked a friend that make those type's of cables to look at your picture and tell me if he has any of those connecters . I couldn't find any online and ya might have to make one . He might can but he hasn't got back
to me on it yet .You located in the US ?

Ya ..I went out and looked at mine a little while ago and is the long one . Mine sits on top of the camera mount though . Have asked a friend that make those type's of cables to look at your picture and tell me if he has any of those connecters . I couldn't find any online and ya might have to make one . He might can but he hasn't got back
to me on it yet .You located in the US ?

Thanks! Yes, I'm in Virginia. I'll keep trying Rotor Pixel direct, but they don't reply very often to messages.

Thanks! Yes, I'm in Virginia. I'll keep trying Rotor Pixel direct, but they don't reply very often to messages.
No they don't and didn't see no cable's on his site . I will let ya know what my buddy says .He might can make you one as he mess's
with that stuff a lot . We will see ! If you have yours off measure it tip to tip or if you don't just wait till I can see if he can help ya .:)

No they don't and didn't see no cable's on his site . I will let ya know what my buddy says .He might can make you one as he mess's
with that stuff a lot . We will see ! If you have yours off measure it tip to tip or if you don't just wait till I can see if he can help ya .:)
I believe it was Mike a few post back had to call his other business to get his attention . And did ;) Will look for the post for ya .

Not a way to run a business for very long! I will measure the cable tonight and let you know, I don't think its much longer than about 4-5 inches.
thanks!!

Not a way to run a business for very long! I will measure the cable tonight and let you know, I don't think its much longer than about 4-5 inches.
thanks!!
I thought it was longer . This is the other end right ?gimbal.jpg

the wire is about 9 inches long.
Let me let a friend I have here look at this and see if he will make you one. You might have to mail it to him so he can get the wire's right I don't know . If ya can't get Keri and don't have any other options this might geterdone :) I will have him contact you in a conversation or here .
If mine messed up he is my go to guy ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic