RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

There was a big shake around 7 seconds and it disappeared :p

Reactions: dirkclod
Looks like when the gains are too high. Have you adjusted those?

Geo
They are set at default and have never changed those Geo . At the end listen to the motors ..ya can tell when it settles out just by the sound .. That wouldn't be from needing to change the settings would it ? Seems to me if it was that it would do that wobble all the time .

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone
:eek: Maybe this be my problem !! Just took this and if ya notice it don't do this constant but just at times . Like my twitch I see in the video's .
I did get these motors wet but thought they were gonna be ok . Maybe not and changing them to the 2312's anyways !
Is fine at the start and give it a little juice and then it starts then stops . Think maybe this my issue ?

Nice video dirk;) was that taken in your back yard? Should it be posted in the photo/video part of the forum?

Only playing buddy:p:p

That does look quite a bad switch, ain't got a clue my end:(

Found this way back in this tread I hadn't seen before and there's a bunch more . All or most of our issue's seem to have been already solved in here if ya just really look .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Some of my issue's aren't here but some are !!!
This is basic stuff I have missed !

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit
Well found dirk, so it looks like this is a common problem then:( if you find anything else out, I'll look also, let me know buddy;)

Well found dirk, so it looks like this is a common problem then:( if you find anything else out, I'll look also, let me know buddy;)
Well just reading back I see I have missed a bunch of stuff and gonna look at pull up's stuff also .Shoulda already done that !

Reactions: Clampit
Mike Drone7, delete the above post cos you've started a new thread on the same subject;) could get a little confusing for you & other people;)

@Squiddley
Hi Squid I hope all is well;) I noticed way back in this thread that you were having trouble calibrating the compass on your P2V after installing the RPG. Mine has been giving me fits on and off since I got it a few weeks ago. I have the 3.14 firmware and shielded compass and the horizontal calibration goes green every time but nose down I am getting a failure. One day it seems fine and only takes one or two tries then others like tonight I tried it for over an hour and it failed every time. Gave up because it was dark and the mosquitoes were eating me alive. Oh I have even tried putting a new compass on too. I'm about to take the RPG off and see if that makes any difference and/or reinstalling the 3.14 firmware. Any tips are much appreciated buddy!

@Squiddley
Hi Squid I hope all is well;) I noticed way back in this thread that you were having trouble calibrating the compass on your P2V after installing the RPG. Mine has been giving me fits on and off since I got it a few weeks ago. I have the 3.14 firmware and shielded compass and the horizontal calibration goes green every time but nose down I am getting a failure. One day it seems fine and only takes one or two tries then others like tonight I tried it for over an hour and it failed every time. Gave up because it was dark and the mosquitoes were eating me alive. Oh I have even tried putting a new compass on too. I'm about to take the RPG off and see if that makes any difference and/or reinstalling the 3.14 firmware. Any tips are much appreciated buddy!
RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion | Page 17 | DJI Phantom Forum Maybe ?

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Reactions: Mike Drone7
Naaa that not it . Look in porky's thread in OT about unplugging the motor cables from the RPG.
It is in that long thread somewhere and might have been Squid .
Thanks Dirk I'll have a look!

Naaa that not it . Look in porky's thread in OT about unplugging the motor cables from the RPG.
It is in that long thread somewhere and might have been Squid .
Dirk what off topic thread are you speaking of? The rotor pixel technical discussion?

Dirk what off topic thread are you speaking of? The rotor pixel technical discussion?
The vacation one Mike but it was something a few had to do with unplugging the gimbal motors and then doing the dance but I don't remember the sequence . It is in here somewhere, I just can't find it . Porkys remembers that but he's lost at sea !

Hey Mike sorry didnt get back to ya sooner, ya I was having problems calibrating the craft after I went to the latest upgrade of the firmware, mine still doesnt seem to work the way it should, I seem to have to calibrate it twice everytime I do it, the first time I do it it never works just get red lights but seems like after I do it once then shut it off and do it a second time it seems to work, like Dirk said try unplugging the gimbal from the phantom and calibrate it with it unplugged, then once you get it calibrated plug it back in restart phantom and see if that works, mine worked great till I upgraded to the 3.14 firmware, and the crazy thing is you can revert back to the old firmware ...bummer

The vacation one Mike but it was something a few had to do with unplugging the gimbal motors and then doing the dance but I don't remember the sequence . It is in here somewhere, I just can't find it . Porkys remembers that but he's lost at sea !
Thanks Dirk I shut everything down last night I was so frustrated.

Hey Mike sorry didnt get back to ya sooner, ya I was having problems calibrating the craft after I went to the latest upgrade of the firmware, mine still doesnt seem to work the way it should, I seem to have to calibrate it twice everytime I do it, the first time I do it it never works just get red lights but seems like after I do it once then shut it off and do it a second time it seems to work, like Dirk said try unplugging the gimbal from the phantom and calibrate it with it unplugged, then once you get it calibrated plug it back in restart phantom and see if that works, mine worked great till I upgraded to the 3.14 firmware, and the crazy thing is you can revert back to the old firmware ...bummer
Thanks Squid I will give that a try.

Hey Squid and Dirk I just tried unplugging the RPG and doing the dance and the compass calibrated the first try:D It must be that when you are trying to do the second stage nose down of the compass calibration and the RPG is wiggling around it causes it to fail. In the future I will try it with the RPG on and if it doesn't work just power down, unplug the RPG do the dance, power down and plug it back in. Minor 90 second inconvenience but an easy fix:D

Thanks guys;) Wish it was that easy for Porky!

So do I Mike;) I've tried everything but piglet ain't having it:)

Had a fly around this morning, all good & gonna take it back out in an hour or so. If it flies away hope it makes its way back home:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers