RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

I keep popping in, but more so in the other room now :)

That project looks good!
Porkys fault !! I know ya do as I watch all ! And if ya don't speak occasionally here I will put da bird on ya in P3 as ya don't forget where ya come from o_O
;)..:D
I try and read in there as much as possibly to be not to far behind when I do get one ;)

I have notice something off with my gimbal and can't seem to put my finger on it .
In my video's at times it looks like the camera is nodding left to right .Is not all the time but see it when going in a straight line I can see it moving back and forth . Have tried working with those knobs but have had no luck !
Anybody else seen this ?
Dirk,

I've noticed the same on mine. I contribute it to the bird making these adjustments as I only have a 2 axis gimbal. Not sure why, maybe a compass glitch?

Reactions: dirkclod
Dirk,

I've noticed the same on mine. I contribute it to the bird making these adjustments as I only have a 2 axis gimbal. Not sure why, maybe a compass glitch?
Well that's a possibility I hadn't thought of !! My compass did go out ..the V3 one and I replaced it with a regular one till the
replacement gets here and that's about the time I started really noticing it . It fly's alright but have noticed that it really didn't track
right . Not to bad but just off a little .
Will see Friday when the new one comes .
Thanks for that buddy :)
Me looking in the wrong place ! again :rolleyes:

Guys,

I will check mine out to see if this happens to me, but ain't been able to fly all week cos it's soooooo windy:(

Dry & sunny though...

^ Tell me about it. And you can be sure that when the wind drops so will the rain :(

Reactions: Clampit
Well the compass got here early and swapped em out and no change . I have some of the black dampeners ordered but think they coming from China and no telling when they get here ! Think I will try the ear plugs inside of the white ones I read about in this thread and see if that helps ! Can't hurt huh !

Well the compass got here early and swapped em out and no change . I have some of the black dampeners ordered but think they coming from China and no telling when they get here ! Think I will try the ear plugs inside of the white ones I read about in this thread and see if that helps ! Can't hurt huh !

Worth a try for sure. I did see some of your footage on Photobucket, I can tell right off the bat what you are talking about. Especially the one with the classic and sports car gathering at the T intersection. That "nod" as you call it, is pretty pronounced. I am not sure stiffer dampeners will fix that. It kind of looks like a gains setting? And your upgraded compass had no effect on it. Could the bird be fighting crosswinds and correcting? To be honest, I have yet to find my ideal gain settings... I keep trying, either overcorrecting or oscillating or slow response.:(

Nice cars, BTW.:rolleyes:

I have notice something off with my gimbal and can't seem to put my finger on it .
In my video's at times it looks like the camera is nodding left to right .Is not all the time but see it when going in a straight line I can see it moving back and forth . Have tried working with those knobs but have had no luck !
Anybody else seen this ?

You are right, it is just enough to benoticed and it doesnt seem to be "just right".

P.S.: Sorry for snooping, but the video was there when I followed your crash :D

Worth a try for sure. I did see some of your footage on Photobucket, I can tell right off the bat what you are talking about. Especially the one with the classic and sports car gathering at the T intersection. That "nod" as you call it, is pretty pronounced. I am not sure stiffer dampeners will fix that. It kind of looks like a gains setting? And your upgraded compass had no effect on it. Could the bird be fighting crosswinds and correcting? To be honest, I have yet to find my ideal gain settings... I keep trying, either overcorrecting or oscillating or slow response.:(

You are right, it is just enough to benoticed and it doesnt seem to be "just right".

Well cool ! And I'll tell ya . Was flying at that ball and hot rods kept flying by and those stopped . I was in the edge of the woods where I could see my screen and where you see me there I couldn't and was surprised I got that . It was a rally with every kind of car from Vette's to Ferrari's and were going around the country . There was 5200 of them total . Amazing man ! Took em about all day to get through outer part of town .That's Hy 278E headed towards Birmingham . They thought the bird was cool and wanted to see the screen and did look but I could't even see it out in that sun .
On the way back to town I met what looked to be Jay Leno's garage !! Sounded like I was at a racetrack . Everybody in town knew about them coming through but me . Folks had set up and were filming them as they went by . Was cool . :D

Add/ Had ta go back and look at that and ya that's it . I was just in a hover there but I see it more when moving forward . Just like it wants to go left and right . Will cut one and post it .

Last edited:

Talking about gain settings ...I have never messed with those and this just started not long ago
Well cool ! And I'll tell ya . Was flying at that ball and hot rods kept flying by and those stopped . I was in the edge of the woods where I could see my screen and where you see me there I couldn't and was surprised I got that . It was a rally with every kind of car from Vette's to Ferrari's and were going around the country . There was 5200 of them total . Amazing man ! Took em about all day to get through outer part of town .That's Hy 278E headed towards Birmingham . They thought the bird was cool and wanted to see the screen and did look but I could't even see it out in that sun .
On the way back to town I met what looked to be Jay Leno's garage !! Sounded like I was at a racetrack . Everybody in town knew about them coming through but me . Folks had set up and were filming them as they went by . Was cool . :D

Add/ Had ta go back and look at that and ya that's it . I was just in a hover there but I see it more when moving forward . Just like it wants to go left and right . Will cut one and post it .
The first one I am going up and out and not fast and t second I was just in a hover pointing straight down .
I might just take it all apart and reinstall it and do all the calibrations and see if that helps !

^ Tell me about it. And you can be sure that when the wind drops so will the rain :(

Your dead right.... Rain on its way, meant to be hitting us late tonight/tomorrow:eek:

Good old british weather...........:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone
Talking about gain settings ...I have never messed with those and this just started not long ago

The first one I am going up and out and not fast and t second I was just in a hover pointing straight down .
I might just take it all apart and reinstall it and do all the calibrations and see if that helps !

Dirk that's quite a bad twitch you have there:( I'm 99% sure mines not like that but as soon as I can fly I'll test it out.

Is that why you bought the new compass?

Dirk that's quite a bad twitch you have there:( I'm 99% sure mines not like that but as soon as I can fly I'll test it out.

Is that why you bought the new compass?
Naaa I had got the other one wet and it went out on me . :( No biggie really as I had an old one to use till the new one got here !
Wish it had fixed my issue but it didn't .

Ya know, now that you mentioned it, mine is doing similar...

But I know my blades are damaged/unbalanced from some bad landings. Take a look from just a few days agowhile haying on the ranch:

I know it wasn't windy, 'cause we were sweating our a$$es off. You know, this footage looks also similar to the one @TheCif posted a short while back. I need him to look as well...

I can see some at the beginning but looks to me to settle out . I bet new props might take care of that or hope it does ! I just opened and checked new ones for that clip I did . I just went in and made sure the defaults were right and seen my IOC was disabled :confused:
Don't know how that happened but fixed that and just flew again and still has some . Might go back in RC assistant and see what might have been changed but still stumped ! :mad:

Reactions: Intruder101
I can see some at the beginning but looks to me to settle out . I bet new props might take care of that or hope it does ! I just opened and checked new ones for that clip I did . I just went in and made sure the defaults were right and seen my IOC was disabled :confused:
Don't know how that happened but fixed that and just flew again and still has some . Might go back in RC assistant and see what might have been changed but still stumped ! :mad:
How do your blades look? Any chance they had any impact from any of the small crashes?

How do your blades look? Any chance they had any impact from any of the small crashes?
New one bro. Just took em out of pack for that clip .
Just went back into RC assistant and saw I had a upgrade so I did to 1.0.2.31 . Now it looks like I need to do another advanced IMU cal as it wants to wonder a little when I took off . The blasted app was giving me the cog wheel screen but I went ahead and just cut on the video and flew around the yard a little . Now looking at that it seems to be back good but will have to wait till in the morning and really push it up and out to really see if I did get it right !
Again I don't know just what I did .:eek:
Will see in the morning though !!

Added/ Don't have small crash's bro ! Just good one's :D

Reactions: Intruder101
I flew my phantom for the 1st time in a couple of weeks, weather this morning was good;)

Video'd my flight & must say I've not got that twitch (shake), gonna fly again tomorrow morning, I'll test again;)

Dirk, what upgrade was it?

I flew my phantom for the 1st time in a couple of weeks, weather this morning was good;)

Video'd my flight & must say I've not got that twitch (shake), gonna fly again tomorrow morning, I'll test again;)

Dirk, what upgrade was it?
Was for the TX and was 1.0.2.31
Did try it this morning but still has some and starting to think it might be a hardware issue with my motors and going ahead and putting the 2312's in this one as I did the other .
It just might be a little of all it . These motors I have now seem to want to run hotter than I have ever noticed .

:eek: Maybe this be my problem !! Just took this and if ya notice it don't do this constant but just at times . Like my twitch I see in the video's .
I did get these motors wet but thought they were gonna be ok . Maybe not and changing them to the 2312's anyways !
Is fine at the start and give it a little juice and then it starts then stops . Think maybe this my issue ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik