Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Hi folks,

I've been having trouble with my gimbal for the past few weeks with no support from RP... After receiving it I installed and carefully followed all instructions for balancing and the thing worked perfect. It has been cold here so I couldnt fly it much and took it out next about a week later.

I had the vision in the air and there were no warning lights from the gimbal or anything, but it was stuck in position. I had no tilt control of the camera from the app. I took it inside to inspect further and now every time i turn it on it starts shaking uncontrollably. I've tried the disconnecting wires and pushing the button trick with no success.

Here is a short video of the issue... http://youtu.be/_pllYGNYdLM

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Can you post a pic of the connection of the motor cables to the board..... They may be reversed. The motor cables on the gimbal. Left side of the board.

Rotorpixel finally posted a solution on their facebook page as a reply to my video... Feel free to have a look. They just explain how to use the calibration software and a few other things but it worked.

Thanks

PEI_flyer said:
Rotorpixel finally posted a solution on their facebook page as a reply to my video... Feel free to have a look. They just explain how to use the calibration software and a few other things but it worked.

Thanks

Excellent. I'm glad you're squared away, and nice job getting RotorPixel to react to the issue and help others with the same problem...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
PEI_flyer said:

Thanks

I must be going blind....I went to RP's Facebook page but cannot locate your solution they posted. I would appreciate a link for my possible future use. Thx. :D

EricT said:
PEI_flyer said:

Thanks

I must be going blind....I went to RP's Facebook page but cannot locate your solution they posted. I would appreciate a link for my possible future use. Thx. :D

+1

PEI_flyer said:

Thanks

URL please...

Thanks...
slinger

:D After months of reading in this tread and watching folks glad then mad then glad again I have just been waiting .
Done did it ! Bought it Friday nite :D Now it's my turn ;)
Ya think they will ship it Monday ..huh..huh..huh.. :lol:
Mia with a RPG ! **** sure hope this don't go MIA ;)

What are people doing for loss of video signal on the side where the gimbal blocks the antenna? is it a non issue?

Thanks

Skipholiday said:
What are people doing for loss of video signal on the side where the gimbal blocks the antenna? is it a non issue?

Thanks
Many are adding or converting to external antennas and not using the ones in the camera.

What did you go with? And pictures?
Thanks
Happyflyer said:
Skipholiday said:

Thanks
Many are adding or converting to external antennas and not using the ones in the camera.

They can be found at http://www.fpvlr.com
The larger one that points down is one of the two. Other on other side of quad.

Attachments

• fpv-ant.jpg
    fpv-ant.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 404
dirkclod said:
:D After months of reading in this tread and watching folks glad then mad then glad again I have just been waiting .
Done did it ! Bought it Friday nite :D Now it's my turn ;)
Ya think they will ship it Monday ..huh..huh..huh.. :lol:
Mia with a RPG ! **** sure hope this don't go MIA ;)
:D Just got E-Mail !!! Shipped !!!!!!!!
Now let's see how long it takes to get here from Canada !!

dirkclod said:
:D Just got E-Mail !!! Shipped !!!!!!!!
Now let's see how long it takes to get here from Canada !!
I am sure it will not take 5-1/2 week like my last shipment from China!
Mine only took a few days.
Ah, smooooooth video.

Happyflyer said:
cool thanks so much. Tony does good work. :)

Do you notice any loss of flight time by the added weight?
I get 18 to 20 minutes now.

Happyflyer said:

Happyflyer, I noticed you have a camera lens sun shade on your FC200.....how is it attached? I have one but it is not a snug fit. Thx.

Skipholiday said:
Do you notice any loss of flight time by the added weight?
I get 18 to 20 minutes now.
Well, that is something you can not get away from when you add something, time is going down. Since my new gimbal arrived late last year and the cold came right after and is still to cold to fly, I really have no idea on how many minutes I get in the air. Something I will check at if it ever warms up here.

EricT said:
Happyflyer, I noticed you have a camera lens sun shade on your FC200.....how is it attached? I have one but it is not a snug fit. Thx.
Blast it! Had to type this out twice due to the picture size limit now on the site. From the description I thought it would be a snug fit also, but it was not. I could not find a good way to use the loops on each side so I hot melt glued it on the top and bottom. I also used a string from the prop guards as a safety line and glued the knots. You can see the glue and string in the picture. The hood works great to stop rotor flicker lines in the video.

Attachments

• Hood2.jpg
    Hood2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 366

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4