Rotor Lock tabs broke off - where do I buy one?

Reaction score
My rotor hit something and the tabs which hold it on broke off. Looks like I will need to buy a replacement to the part that seats the rotors onto the arm? This is a 2016 Phantom 4. THANKS!

Welcome to the forum.

If you are referring to the propeller mounting hubs attached to the top of each motor, they are available from DJI here: Phantom 4 Series - Propeller Mounting Plate | DJI Store

You probably have the original style hubs on your copter with the metal plate between the plastic hub and motor with three little spring tabs. If so, the link that I provided is for the updated hubs that have a central coil spring that fits on the shaft instead of this metal plate. These new hubs are definitely an upgrade, and that is what I would suggest. You can still get the original hubs from DJI, but there is really no point.

You will need two packs for fitting all four motors, and although the pictures do not clearly show the springs, each pack comes with two hubs (1 CW, 1 CCW), two springs, and the necessary hardware. The screws are 1.5 MM hex, and this job is very simple. Common mistakes are accidentally dropping a screw into the motor, so be sure to use a magnetized driver for removal and replacement and/or, tape over the holes to be very sure. Over tightening is another mistake, and you simply want the screws snug and just a bit more.

Great response. That was helpful. Appreciate the installation tips also. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4