Rotopixel or Taco?

Reaction score
So, for someone who is considering buying a gimbal for his P2V, what would you guys recommend?

GLOCKer said:
So, for someone who is considering buying a gimbal for his P2V, what would you guys recommend?

Taco is cheaper, ships right away, you will have to tinker with it, seems to be all 3d printed so a little fragile

Rotorpixel has IMO has the best design and that's why his waiting list is so long also takes awhile for him to fill the orders
Less tinkering involved

mr_3_0_5 said:
GLOCKer said:

Taco is cheaper, ships right away, you will have to tinker with it, seems to be all 3d printed so a little fragile

Rotorpixel has IMO has the best design and that's why his waiting list is so long also takes awhile for him to fill the orders
Less tinkering involved

I can vouch for what mr_3_0_5 said. I had my Taco in 8 days taking into account that is was stuck in customs for 3 days. Installation it's self is simple. Then the tinkering begins. Luckily there is tons of useful information in the 3DPower forum as well as several profiles that give pretty good results. All in all I'm pretty happy with my Taco.

All that being said, I will be ordering a Rotopixel when they get a 3 axis version. An advantage to the current RP is that it is supposed to be upgradable to 3 axis. I can't see how the Taco could be converted to 3 axis, maybe they'll prove me wrong. If it wasn't for the undetermined wait I would have went RP from the start.

Rotorpixel's have started to ship in larger numbers, they shipped at least 50 today, (mine was one of them :D ) so as they ramp up more and more will go out on a weekly basis, seems they work on as many as they can during the week and then ship out the entire weeks production on Friday.

GLOCKer said:

If you want something cheap and fast, go with the taco. If you don't mind waiting and having a quality product, go with Rotorpixel. I have the Rotorpixel and love it. It's solid and you won't have to use hot glue and paper to hold or level the IMU.

I can tell you both have issues with the gimbal profiles but its an easy fix.

Good luck with your choice.

The paper and hot glue is how we arrived at a solution. not a permanent one. Yes, the Taco is cheaper and assembled with 3d printing but have not had any issues with it after the profiles were tweaked.in fact very smooth.

Vicrimo said:
GLOCKer said:

If you want something cheap and fast, go with the taco. If you don't mind waiting and having a quality product, go with Rotorpixel. I have the Rotorpixel and love it. It's solid and you won't have to use hot glue and paper to hold or level the IMU.

I can tell you both have issues with the gimbal profiles but its an easy fix.

Good luck with your choice.

They are now shipping a version of the Taco with the V3 mount which holds the IMU in a proper position without resorting to paper and glue. Yes the Taco is 3D printed but I have had no issues due to the 3D printing. If you decide on the Taco make sure you select the version with the V3 mount.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie