Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Rotation speed

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by captain_ken, Aug 10, 2014.

1. captain_ken

I would like to set my phantom2 to rotate slowly, as the input currently is far too quick for a smooth rotation especially circling objects etc, ive managed to do it for the HD/3D gimbal vertical axis but how do I do the same for the rotation speed of the phantom2?

TIA.

Ken

2. adanac

There are others who may know better than me but my recollection is that you cannot change this with a stock unit. Changing the yaw gains does not change the speed of commanded yaw changes/rotation.

I wanted exactly the same thing so I switched to a Futaba TX/RX. This allowed several enhancements which included changing the yaw speed in the radio. I use the T8J and the R2008SB, although I may switch to a higher end Futaba radio for various reasons.

3. ElGuano

+1. There are no atti gains for yaw, so you either move the sticks more slowly or use a 3rd party tx with customizable dual rates.

4. HarryT

I must admit that when I read the original post, my immediate thought was to wonder why you don't just move the stick less. My P2 rotates extremely slowly with a small movement of the stick.

5. OI Photography

You can also try pinching the stick closer to the base of it rather than resting your thumb on the top, I find that helps when I need to be a little more precise about the amount of input I'm giving on any axis.

6. Mike

Good tip. Thanks.

7. macheung

8. FedeVision