Rotate and Slide!

Reaction score
Hey all.....
Got a potential problem... I think.
On this flight, I went up to about 10' and it stayed pretty much in one spot. As soon as I tried to rotate 360 degrees, then stopping, the P2 started to slide off in one direction. It slid out about 15-20' and stayed there. I flew it back to my position and tried it again. Same thing. BTW I did a compass cal before flight.
I didn't have a gimbal attached. Winds were out of the ESE@6. But the P2 would slide in about any direction depending where it stopped rotating.
Is this normal or do I need to fix it?

Firmware version?

Beats me. I'm new at this and have not plugged it in to a computer.
I'm guessing I need to do that next?

Yep, the new versions of the firmware solved the drift issue some used to have.

with 10 feet you will still have ground effect. Take it up at least 15 feet or higher if you want to test for zero drift.
It will always give in to the wind a little but once it settles (no ground effect) it should be fairly stable. During a yaw it will have to compensate again for wind drift and it will move a couple of feet, unless it is dead calm.

Have you even connected your Phantom a single time to the Phantom assistant software and performed advanced IMU calibration?
Have you calibrated your transmitter in the Phantom RC assistant and Phantom assistant?

If not, do that and see if that helped.

I downloaded all the P2 exe files. My P2 was at 3.04 version and now 3.06 (I think). Anyway it said I'm up to date. I got all greens. Although I don't remember the IMU calibration part. Was that in the Advanced section? I better go through it again.
I may have screwed up my controller. I ran the RC Assist. It said there was a new update. I ran it. After I did it successfully, I noticed it said it was for the newer version controller! Crap!! The red "power on" light is now green and it beeps when you switch it on. Should I reload the older firmware???? I don't want the P2 to go off into space!

Sounds like you turned it into a Vision controller. Not sure how that can be done.
You need to do some thorough reading and really get to know what's happening.

If I need to reload the correct controller firmware, where would I find it? I haven't found it yet.

I noticed my P2 doing this today....newest firmware, basic and advanced calibration and well off the ground (50m) I see some pretty bad yaw drift...If I move the left stick slowly it makes it more pronounced vs. going quickly and basically correcting itself....I added 10% to the gain settings earlier...would that cause it to drift more?

RobertMfromLI said:
Crank said:
If I need to reload the correct controller firmware, where would I find it? I haven't found it yet.

Here...

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Download latest version of the Phantom 2 Assistant for your computer OS.
I did all this, but could not get to the correct firmware. once I picked the wrong firmware, the program would not let allow me to pick the correct firmware for my transmitter. Im not sure what I could do to get the correct firmware. Im thinking of resetting the transmitter to factory defaults. Then running the DJI program to get it up to the updated firmware.
IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS HOW TO RESET THIS TRANSMITTER TO DEFAULTS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! PM me or listing it on the forum. Im dead in the water without it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.