Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, Ca

Reaction score
This is some VIDEO I shot a couple weeks ago at the Rose Bowl. I know the editing isn't great cuz I was only using iMovie on the Mac.

Umm, NO!
I didn't ask for your opinion on if I could fly there or not!
I just shared a video

Did I say it was my opinion, Chief?
Um NO!
I just asked a question.

Chill out Cally.

Stadiums are definitely NFZ areas. It's not opinion. I hope you got permission to fly (spoiler: highly unlikely), otherwise you've done the community a disservice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Keniff443
This is clearly printed on my FAA registration certificate. Just for clarification.
5b92dea9bc2f7ffbb732e2bc2acde6c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times does it have to be stated? GUIDELINES, not law.

Stadiums have a temporary flight restriction an hour before the event until an hour after the event concludes.

Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - ALC_Content - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov
Stadiums
FDC 9/5151, issued under 14 CFR 99.7 on "Special Security Instructions," restricts flight over stadiums during major league baseball, National Football League, NCAA, and motor speedway events. The so-called “stadium TFR” prohibits
stadium.jpg
all aircraft and parachute operations at or below 3,000 AGL within a 3 nm radius of any stadium with a seating capacity of 30,000 or more people when there is a major league baseball game, NFL game, NCAA division one football game, or major motor speedway event occurring. This TFR applies to the entire US domestic national airspace system, and takes effect from one hour before the scheduled event time until one hour after the event concludes.

Now back to topic. I liked the video. Maybe a little long for my taste with just one point of real interest. But I get why you did it, that' how long the song is. How much of this is manual flying vs automated (POI, waypoints)? Odd to see a football field with no lines.

Nice video I was hoping to see a fly thru the goal posts lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4