Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Rose are Red but the Sky ain't Blue

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Fantomas, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Fantomas

What would be the best camera setting/addon to get blue sky and green grass?
    Because now when filming 4K with my P3P, the sky ain't really blue and the grass ain't really green.

2. Bigdz

I'm using SRP ND8/CP filter. The CP filter really makes the sky pop when adjust the manual camera settings. I'm sure any nd filter would provide this...IMO

3. Bigdz

Camera settings
    0 or -3 ( I haven't figured out how to set this)

Log mode for post...
    Custom
    Sharpness -1
    Contrast -1
    (Can't remember this... but set to 0)

4. passive jay

I have the same filter, made a big difference.

with filter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

same park, no filter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bigdz likes this.
  5. Fantomas

I'm a little worried about the weight of that thing. Do you use any kind of counterbalance weight?

6. fhagan02

I also use the SRP's and they are by far my ND/CP filter choice. The glass quality make these optically superior to anything out there. The weight is not an issue for me. No noticeable (visible or audible) signs of gimbal stress, hibernation, hum, drift of level issues. Gimbal still does a quick successful auto calibration. The CP's are absolutely incredible in regards to sky color and minimizing reflections. Not only with water but the shininess of leaves and grass.

Bigdz likes this.
  7. Bigdz

I was worried to but I can tell you the gimbal has no problem handling the weight and my horizon is as straight as can be with it on!
    I recommend it!

8. Bigdz

I forgot to mention I have no counter balance on gimbal. I wouldn't even think of doing such a thing

9. Fantomas

Ok thanks for the info.
    One last thing: most of the time will the SRP ND8/CP filter be enough or should I think of buying the ND16 also?

10. fhagan02

The ND8 will be your workhorse filter for sure. BUT.... surprisingly I've found the ND16 a must have for full noon to mid-day sun. A couple days a ago I was shooting in full sun with the ND16. At 24fps it kept the shutter speed right at 50 to 100-ish. Perfect. The ND8 couldn't have done this as it's simply not dark enough.

11. 30secs

Try the "beach" style under camera settings. This is from this morning: none - beach.

Attached Files: