Rooting a rooted bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Having rooted a rooted bin and then rerooting it 3 more times i find this procedure to be the best that works as the second reroot always fails. My P3 flies much better under the 3rd root.

Huh?

Do you mean reboot?

Root and reboot are two vastly different things...
no, i know the difference quite intimately.
do you not reroot?
If not you should start doing your homework

Maybe you could "explain" your procedure rather than appearing to be trolling for nibbles.

Reactions: flax
Most unclear thread ever. Unless you've cracked the P3 bootloader, nothing is being "rooted" or "rerooted". Let's just end that.

And unless someone has uncovered some actual evidence to the contrary, applying the same firmware 3 times is like locking and unlocking the door 3 times. You may think it is doing something useful, but it's not.

Reactions: flax
Most unclear thread ever. Unless you've cracked the P3 bootloader, nothing is being "rooted" or "rerooted". Let's just end that.

And unless someone has uncovered some actual evidence to the contrary, applying the same firmware 3 times is like locking and unlocking the door 3 times. You may think it is doing something useful, but it's not.
i have superstitions and i do things in 3s.
i cannot allow myself to do it once or twice and 3 seems to be working

But you only posted this once. OH.. that's why this post isn't working.... I'll wait for #3

Reactions: Junior and snerd
That sounds like Tourette's.
I did my firmware and forgot to remove the update file from the card and just got a message that the current file was up to date. Didn't actually rewrite the same firmware over again. Unless the file happen to be corrupt there is no need to try and update again as long as you get the text file saying successful.

No, No, No... He has to re-post the thread 3 times for it to work. Not post to the same thread 3 times.

;-)

Are we gonna have this same rerooted the rooted file to have 1 successful root thread 2 more times???

Reactions: Buzzy
That sounds like Tourette's.
I did my firmware and forgot to remove the update file from the card and just got a message that the current file was up to date. Didn't actually rewrite the same firmware over again. Unless the file happen to be corrupt there is no need to try and update again as long as you get the text file saying successful.
Actually, you are supposed to leave the bin file there anyway. That way it updates the smart battery for each battery you place in the bird.

Actually, you are supposed to leave the bin file there anyway. That way it updates the smart battery for each battery you place in the bird.

I had left it in to update both my batteries. It was a few days later after I had removed the card and put it back in that I noticed the text file saying the firmware was already updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31