Roman candles strapped to skids

Anyone done it?
Know you know you have seen this done here gfred in videos .
Not sure where ya going with this .
Maybe just curious if this new group has done it maybe .

Reactions: gfredrone
It has been shown here before. It is most likely illegal to do.

It is legal to drop objects from an aircraft as long as no hazard is created. It's open to interpretation, but I would suggest that deliberately shooting fire balls on the ground would be a hazard.

§ 91.15 Dropping objects.

No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

Last edited:

It is legal to drop objects from an aircraft as long as no hazard is created. It's open to interpretation, but I would suggest that deliberately shooting fire balls on the ground would be a hazard.

No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
I'm pretty sure the FAA has regulations against dropping objects from a flying craft of any type. Exceptions are sky divers and farming chemicals.
I've seen other statements from the FAA that are stronger, I'll look for it.

Last edited:
Dumb & Dumber?

RedHotPoker

Well I tried a Roman Candle in my mother's kitchen when I was 14. I didn't realise things shot out of the end! It hit the ceiling - ricocheted around the room and set a curtain on fire! Was pretty cool looking back.................

Reactions: dirkclod
Well I tried a Roman Candle in my mother's kitchen when I was 14. I didn't realise things shot out of the end! It hit the ceiling - ricocheted around the room and set a curtain on fire! Was pretty cool looking back.................
the rock..nod.gif

Reactions: Wibble
Made the news already. Highly illegal in most countries. Illegal discharging of pyrotechnics, unsafe flight,etc. Think more like a pilot please.

Easy there captain..... LMAO

Think more like a pilot as you fly your plastic toy around.... SMH

That comment gave me douche chills.

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
Easy there captain..... LMAO

Think more like a pilot as you fly your plastic toy around.... SMH

That comment gave me douche chills.
When you get over your chills , let's see your response to the OP.

When you get over your chills , let's see your response to the OP.

My message to the OP is to use common sense. If your in a dry farm field in Iowa don't shoot Roman candles into the dry grass. If you happen to own a warehouse or large parking compound go ahead and shoot candles to your hearts content. If you mame someone or start a fire be ready to deal with the consequences.

You are a grown man make wise decisions or pay the consequences.

I'm sure the FAA has better things to do than hunt you down for firing Roman candles from your phantom on your own property.

No need to think like a pilot (smh) just think before you act and make sure what you are doing is safe.

I really don't think the FAA would consider Roman candles as remotely reasonably safe. This is in the regs so that bush pilots can drop stuff off in the middle of the wilderness, not so you can play boom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj