Roman candle phantom

What an idiot
Why? Because you say so? I didn't see anything in the video that would violate an FAA rule, so why is this person an idiot?

Reactions: 750r
Why? Because you say so? I didn't see anything in the video that would violate an FAA rule, so why is this person an idiot?

Hopefully idiots like him do not live in drought stricken areas like California. Who cares Steve that it doesn't violate FAA rules he's still an idiot.

Hopefully idiots like him do not live in drought stricken areas like California. Who cares Steve that it doesn't violate FAA rules he's still an idiot.
The video demonstrated poor judgement, possibly reckless, but there is simply not enough information to make a wholesale accusation. Do you KNOW he is creating a hazard? You can't see much beyond the parking lot where the test shots were made and for all you know the other shots could have been over water. You don't know, so calling him an idiot outright is not justified.

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
Everyone can have an opinion, mine is he's an idiot. Especially when we are trying to make this a positive hobby and not have everyone hate us when one is in the air. This just adds to it.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Now the guy willing to be the target Is practicing safety first he has a helmet on :p

Reactions: dirkclod
If he's in the US he is, in fact violating FAA rule:

Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property

I know we don't know all the circumstances on the ground, but I doubt the feds would see this as NOT creating a hazard. Dropping fire from the sky?
"Idiot" is too kind.

Reactions: snowghost
If he's in the US he is, in fact violating FAA rule:

Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property

I know we don't know all the circumstances on the ground, but I doubt the feds would see this as NOT creating a hazard. Dropping fire from the sky?
"Idiot" is too kind.

I could really care less if it is or isn't an FAA rule. What he did was as reckless as another idiot who was using his quad to fire roman candles at his friend on the ground.

IMO as long as one does not hurt or endanger any non-consenting people, go for it.

In other words if I owned 5-10 acres with no one around or no others' structures or property is in danger... what I do on my land is my business.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl