Rolling back Firmware success!

Ok, robgkr responded to me and I have the file now. JOY! I'll do this maybe tonight and report my findings. However, just as so many of us have agreed, I will not share the file since this was the agreement with robgkr. I will happily point anyone to the thread where they can get it from him.

Question n6vmo, the video shows the update to the P3 taking about 2 minutes and the indicator being the change in tone yet the instructions on the firmware packages always say wait 25 minutes. Which is correct??

It took my P3A about 2 minutes to upload MVOM0Fw.bin.....that was 2 minutes of D-D-D-D until I got the confirmation tone of D-D----D

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
Could someone please send me the file for the P3P !! my email is

d e t h o l m @ c o m c a s t . n e t

No spaces

Thank you in advance!

Allows you to be on mostly unused channels. Which in some areas is illegal unless you have a ham license ..
Even "IF" you have a ham license, you need to know the rules. Dean says it best here...............................

Sec. 97.215 Telecommand of model craft

An amateur station transmitting signals to control a model craft may be operated as follows:

(a) The station identification procedure is not required for transmissions directed only to the model craft, provided that a label indicating the station call sign and the station licensee's name and address is affixed to the station transmitter.

(b) The control signals are not considered codes or ciphers intended to obscure the meaning of the communication.

(c) The transmitter power must not exceed 1 W.

[54 FR 25857, June 20, 1989, as amended at 56 FR 56171, Nov. 1, 1991]

By the rules you are still limited to 1W for telecommand under amateur radio rules. I would read the rule to limit power out from the transmit amplifier, so you would be free to increase EIRP by using high gain antennas.

You can also use 902-926Mhz under ISM rules and you are similarly limited to 1W power out, but the power out limit is reduced when you start adding antenna gain.

As I recall, Telecommand is typically done around 52Mhz in the 6 meter band which would have better propagation characteristics than 900mhz, but the antennas would also be significantly larger for similar gain.

I have built an experimental 900mhz based system (FM, CPPM) which outperformed the turnigy 9x transmitted I have significantly (ISM rules, not part 97). Silicon labs, TI and other have processors integrated with sub-1ghz radios that can easily implement both the transmitter and receiver and provide whatever failsafe behavior you want. You can legally build and operate a few ISM transceivers (5 as I recall in the US) without going through equipment certification as long as "good engineering practices" are adhered to and you don't start selling anything.

You would probably get away with declaring the RC vehicle as a digipeater and running on 70cm at higher power levels. I don't think the FCC would approve if there was a complaint but if you operate at reasonable power levels, use proper station id and are courteous I doubt you would have a problem.

Dean NZ7KW

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ham-rc-transmitter?commentId=705844:Comment:1291874

Reactions: blade strike
Channels are not FW related.. It's all app based. How do I know this? Because I have the testing app that unlocks the channels.
Are you implying Pilot app 1.1.1 for android is the ticket?

Edit: Even doing that doesn't work, need the testing app to re-enable. Latest Pilot app was a trojan horse.

Last edited:
Are you implying Pilot app 1.1.1 for android is the ticket?

Edit: Even doing that doesn't work, need the testing app to re-enable. Latest Pilot app was a trojan horse.

Just stating it's app based and not firmware;)

Just stating it's app based and not firmware;)
Ok, I guess its gonna have to be apktool and baksmaili to find out for myself. We have been crawling through the DJI desert without water for over a month, and you wave a Corona in front of us, jeeze.

Ok, I guess its gonna have to be apktool and baksmaili to find out for myself. We have been crawling through the DJI desert without water for over a month, and you wave a Corona in front of us, jeeze.
Its a mirage:cool::cool:

Sorry I even said anything.. I just don't want people doing unnecessary downgrades and possibly brick their units for false hope.

Carry on...

Reactions: DaGunn and bobmyers
Always dangerous to mess with unofficial firmware updates, remember any issues is on you. Glad my bird is flying perfectly on 1.2.8 without one glitch in 50+ flights.

I'm in the same boat. No idea what FW my P3P is on but it's been flying rock solid since day one. The DJI app keeps bugging me to update the FW but I refuse to potentially mess up a great thing.

I had firmware 1.1.8 loaded and then I loaded the 1.1.0 pilot app. When I checked the version numbers it showed pilot 1.1.0 and firmware 1.2.6.

At that point I thought it would be best the experimenting needed to stop. So I loaded app 1.20 and firmware 1.1.8 and stayed there until today. I now have firmware 1.3.0012.

Btw, I tried 1.1.0 pilot app in effort to achieve the 32 channel ability. But as I say it did not work. Now the only thing I did not do at that time was also downgrade the r/c firmware which may have been what was causing the 1.2.6 to appear when it was not installed.

Sorry I even said anything.. I just don't want people doing unnecessary downgrades and possibly brick their units for false hope.

Carry on...
Blade? I'm trying to understand your inference. Are you implying that something is coming that will help us? If so great! I won't go down the downgrade path. If that's not what you are saying then we don't have any other choice. Do we?

Thanks! :)

Blade? I'm trying to understand your inference. Are you implying that something is coming that will help us? If so great! I won't go down the downgrade path. If that's not what you are saying then we don't have any other choice. Do we?

Thanks! :)
DJI has announced that they are working on it-- that has been several weeks-- hopefully soon

Enough of this fooling around and experimenting. This method could veritably get my P3A back to where I wanted it to be...1.1.8.

So, I am now back to 1.2.8 after a quick flight on 1.1.8??

Enough of this fooling around and experimenting. This method could veritably get my P3A back to where I wanted it to be...1.1.8.

So, I am now back to 1.2.8 after a quick flight on 1.1.8??

So your wanting 1.1.8. Down graded to 1.1.9 successfully and now your back to where you started at 1.2.8? I'm so confused

So your wanting 1.1.8. Down graded to 1.1.9 successfully and now your back to where you started at 1.2.8? I'm so confused

Firstly, MVOM0Fw.bin can't confidently get anyone back to 1.1.8. The pilot app reports the supposed 1.1.8 as 1.1.9, very confusing.

My issues started when I first went to 1.1.9 after DJi released it. I then hoped that 1.2.8 would remedy those same issues, it did not. So, if I can't get back to 1.1.8, then I'll stay at 1.2.8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31