Rolling back Firmware success!

The process I used:

1. Copy only service.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
2. Copy only 1.1.9.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
If your happy at 1.1.9 then stop here.
3. Copy only service.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
4. Copy only 1.1.8.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.

As I posted previously, I can't get the app to display F/W 1.1.8, but the 'Results' text file created by the F/W upgrade reports 1.1.8 as a success. I believe an RC F/W upgrade to 1.1.8 my also be required. But no RC up/downgrade has been tried by anyone as far as I know....and I will not be the first one!
When you are on F/W 1.1.8 do you show 32 video channels?

When you are on F/W 1.1.8 do you show 32 video channels?

No, that is what I was looking for more than anything...bummer.

I checked for those channels even after going from 1.2.8 to .1.1.9.

No, I use the filename that was sent to you by robgkr.

It is called MVOM0Fw.bin after it was unzipped. It is a 18kB file.

Last edited:
Reactions: dysan911
So regarding the video channels. I thought the reduced range was with the 1.2.6/1.2.8 FW. So 1.1.9 should restore the range back even though your not seeing 32 channels?

No, that is what I was looking for more than anything...bummer.

I checked for those channels even after going from 1.2.8 to .1.1.9.
When I do this I'm going to go back to 1.1.8 and see as well if those channels exist. I've read on several places where that's the version they existed but I'm wondering if it also requires the RC to be at a certain version...

I "think" when I bought this P3A it was on 1.1.9 because it wanted to update but I didn't know how to check the firmware at the time. I do know after the update I'm seeing things I do not like though. Like problems with the VPS and video channel issues.

When I do this I'm going to go back to 1.1.8 and see as well if those channels exist. I've read on several places where that's the version they existed but I'm wondering if it also requires the RC to be at a certain version...

I "think" when I bought this P3A it was on 1.1.9 because it wanted to update but I didn't know how to check the firmware at the time. I do know after the update I'm seeing things I do not like though. Like problems with the VPS and video channel issues.
Weren't the channel issues introduced with v1.2 of the Pilot app? I read somewhere that the number of channels are now dependent on the users location as determined by GPS. No?

It is called MVOM0Fw.bin after it was unzipped. It is a 12kB file.

Strange, the one I have is ~18kB. I haven't used it though, only the bin to downgrade the RC, so maybe it's the wrong one.

Same as mine. 18,017 bytes to be exact.

You are right, I posted the 'zipped' file size by mistake. The un-zipped file size is 18kB.

I have corrected the above post.

Reactions: Oso
Channels are not FW related.. It's all app based. How do I know this? Because I have the testing app that unlocks the channels.

It is called MVOM0Fw.bin after it was unzipped. It is a 18kB file.
Ok, robgkr responded to me and I have the file now. JOY! I'll do this maybe tonight and report my findings. However, just as so many of us have agreed, I will not share the file since this was the agreement with robgkr. I will happily point anyone to the thread where they can get it from him.

Question n6vmo, the video shows the update to the P3 taking about 2 minutes and the indicator being the change in tone yet the instructions on the firmware packages always say wait 25 minutes. Which is correct??

Channels are not FW related.. It's all app based. How do I know this? Because I have the testing app that unlocks the channels.
Don't dangle a carrot like that unless you intend to share.. :)

Weren't the channel issues introduced with v1.2 of the Pilot app? I read somewhere that the number of channels are now dependent on the users location as determined by GPS. No?
Thanks for confirming this blade. Well, at least that it's app based.

I dont have any problemen with my p3p. but the last month(s) i read that alot of people do have problems with the latest fw Updates . Then tell me why didn't dji help those People when there is a possibility to roll back youre fw with this socalled service.bin .

I understand all the problems people have had with the latest firmware, though I never have had an issue other than the gimbal warning. But you guys are suggesting that their is a benefit to the 32 channels and Im just curious whats the benefit.

I understand all the problems people have had with the latest firmware, though I never have had an issue other than the gimbal warning. But you guys are suggesting that their is a benefit to the 32 channels and Im just curious whats the benefit.

Allows you to be on mostly unused channels. Which in some areas is illegal unless you have a ham license ..

Don't dangle a carrot like that unless you intend to share.. :)

I just don't want you guys doing this downgrade if you're thinking this is the solution. Sorry I respect the NDA's I sign..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4