Rolling back Firmware success!

The OP on that DJI Forum keeps a tight lid on it. If you PM him and ask him for it.. He will email it to you.

Reactions: Serpent
Someone should get it and link it here :)

Anyone interested need only to read this thread.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23263-1-1.html
I read through the thread and it for sure piqued my interest. I'd love to go back to 1.1.9 or 1.1.8. Of course it could all be a scam, but it sounds like some have had success using that guy's service .bin. I'm not sure that I would have the nerve to try it myself unless I saw that some familiar names (to me) in THIS forum were successful.

Last edited:
I saw a few familiar names I thought. Isn't 1320Frank a member here? He has 3 rules when you request the file from him.

1/ after your test please put your results on my post

2/ you are aware that this is unofficial file

3/ keep this file for yourself only please

Now this is interesting.... Anyone here try it? I may send a message to that guy and get the service .bin.

Always dangerous to mess with unofficial firmware updates, remember any issues is on you. Glad my bird is flying perfectly on 1.2.8 without one glitch in 50+ flights.

Mine flies ok but I do notice I'm losing altitude and I do get some dift. Several on the DJI Forum who rolled back have reported the 119 firmware they rolled back too has restored the solid performance they lost with 128. I'm very tempted to give it a shot!. It seems to work. Not one person who tried it has reported any issues. So far its been 100% success.

Mine flies ok but I do notice I'm losing altitude and I do get some dift. Several on the DJI Forum who rolled back have reported the 119 firmware they rolled back too has restored the solid performance they lost with 128. I'm very tempted to give it a shot!. It seems to work. Not one person who tried it has reported any issues. So far its been 100% success.
Be sure to let us know how it works out for you, and the process you used to achieve success.

Last edited:
I saw a few familiar names I thought. Isn't 1320Frank a member here? He has 3 rules when you request the file from him.

1/ after your test please put your results on my post

2/ you are aware that this is unofficial file

3/ keep this file for yourself only please

Now how did you know that was me? Did you compare possible misspelled words or punctuation?

I parked my quad and did not fly it since June 26th. I was extremely grateful to get the option to even see if this .bin worked or not. And because of that I will respect the wishes to not share it. He will respond to if you post and ask for it. It might take a day to get it, but it does work.

I seem to have tested a little more then others due to having a P3P. The P3A's have a little better advantage over the P3P's with this file. The P3A's can utilize it with 1.1.8. I have 1.1.8 installed but the android pilot app recognizes it as 1.1.9 and it functions as 1.1.9. The VPS, Gimbal, everything fly perfect once again.

For those that don't know it, the sweet thing about 1.1.8 is it has the 32 video channels. 1.2.6 has 8 video channels. Remember all the pilots that were able to fly around 2.5 miles out of the box?

For those that were in the situation like I was who knew all they really needed was to be able to reload the 1.2.6 firmware version again and things would be ok, well it is confirmed. With this .bin you can in a few minutes be golden. For those wanting a little more, it is possible to once again have firmware version 1.1.9, and 1.1.8 for the P3A guys. Btw, some say version 1.1.8 will also work with P3P. But it did not for me so I won't advertize it that way.

If any of my friends have questions they don't want to ask out in the open just send me a PM. ;)

Reactions: Oso
Hey Frank!. Yeah it was the proper use of grammar and punctuation that gave you away!. ;)

Does 1.1.9 also include the 32 video channels?

Now how did you know that was me? Did you compare possible misspelled words or punctuation?

I parked my quad and did not fly it since June 26th. I was extremely grateful to get the option to even see if this .bin worked or not. And because of that I will respect the wishes to not share it. He will respond to if you post and ask for it. It might take a day to get it, but it does work.

I seem to have tested a little more then others due to having a P3P. The P3A's have a little better advantage over the P3P's with this file. The P3A's can utilize it with 1.1.8. I have 1.1.8 installed but the android pilot app recognizes it as 1.1.9 and it functions as 1.1.9. The VPS, Gimbal, everything fly perfect once again.

For those that don't know it, the sweet thing about 1.1.8 is it has the 32 video channels. 1.2.6 has 8 video channels. Remember all the pilots that were able to fly around 2.5 miles out of the box?

For those that were in the situation like I was who knew all they really needed was to be able to reload the 1.2.6 firmware version again and things would be ok, well it is confirmed. With this .bin you can in a few minutes be golden. For those wanting a little more, it is possible to once again have firmware version 1.1.9, and 1.1.8 for the P3A guys. Btw, some say version 1.1.8 will also work with P3P. But it did not for me so I won't advertize it that way.

If any of my friends have questions they don't want to ask out in the open just send me a PM. ;)
Hi flyNfrank. I have requested that file from the guy on that other forum but can you tell me the name of the file for sanity sake because I have found a couple of bin files (yes I'm anxious to do this) and I'm just not sure what file it is. I think the file he has is an SDK that will take the quad back to 1.1.1003 and from there you can upgrade to 1.1.8 but I'm still waiting for his reply on that forum. Can you shed some light? I realize you do not want to share the file because that was your agreement but sharing information is hopefully OK. :)

Thank you

I have used it to roll back to 1.1.9 from 1.2.8 on my P3A. The app reports F/W as 1.1.9.

The 'Results' file reported that I was also successful in rolling back to 1.1.8, but, I have not been able to get the app to report correctly F/W 1.1.8. The pilot app reports "N/A" as the F/W version.

So, I have stepped back up to 1.1.9.

The process I used:

1. Copy only MVOM0Fw.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
2. Copy only 1.1.9.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
If your happy at 1.1.9 then stop here.
3. Copy only MVOM0Fw.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
4. Copy only 1.1.8.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.

As I posted previously, I can't get the app to display F/W 1.1.8, but the 'Results' text file created by the F/W upgrade reports 1.1.8 as a success. I believe an RC F/W upgrade to 1.1.8 my also be required. But no RC up/downgrade has been tried by anyone as far as I know....and I will not be the first one!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen