Roll & Level problem

Reaction score
Phantom 2 (latest version) with H3-3D gimbal and GoPro Hero 3+ Black. All the latest firmware.

On most of my flights the gimbal rolls hard over and then returns to level. It does this very cleably and quite often. It however usually does settle down and stop; usually about 10 minutes into the flight. It can be seen in this short video (http://youtu.be/5BKbTd0Il_4) taken a few seconds after takeoff. The aircraft is initialised on a flat platform and not touched until ready to go (camera started prior to booting the Phantom). It has never been crashed or abused (yet).

It has managed the occasional flight without a problem.

Any thoughts? Returning stuff at this time of year a nightmare so I want to exhaust all avenues first. This seems different to other problems I have read about.

You gimbal is going momentarily into hibernation mode

Try softer dampers

Thanks for the reply. A little disappointing though. The reason for buying the Phantom 2 with H3-3D and GoPro 3+ was that it should work pretty well out of the box.

I did a bit of googling now I knew what to look for. I'm surprised mine is going into hibernation mode. Everything is in spec camera balance wise. It does it whilst in the hover on a perfectly calm day. I can touch the skids and tell this thing has less vibration than my other platforms had even after a lot of tweaking.

I used the white damper rubbers as suggested in the manual but will try some softer ones if I have some.

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4