Rocking with Way Points & Litchi

G'day LeBear,

I can't view the video here and in YouTube it's marked PRIVATE.

As for the props popping in to view, what were the wind conditions like? I've seen it happen with my P4 quady in relatively high winds as it tries to keep its speed and location as set.

I'm a bit of a beginner myself, so I can understand the agro. :rolleyes:

Reactions: LeBear
I've changed the setting so you can view it now, thanks for informing me.

It was quite windy in this video, but it has happened on calm days also.

Thanks for the fix.

Mate, personally, I wouldn't have flown on such a blustery day. It looked from the way the tape was moving in your video, to be at least 30+kph and the props will certainly duck down to muscle through the wind head on or from the side.

You weren't controlling the flight yourself you say but by a Litchi mission. It seemed to stop and start to change direction on turns but when you got onto the track proper, it settled down, strange. That's about the limit of my guess work. I can't explain the calm day prop exposure but no doubt some more experienced flyer can.

I can see your point, though it has been doing this in calm conditions in a direct course as well.

I'm starting to believe this may be a Litchi issue or a conflicting app on my mobile. I'll try a different handset at factory reset state.

DJI Go was not running in the background when this takes place.

Thanks for your incite

You are running awfully close to the ground and it is very windy. Plus, you are running pretty fast. Perhaps it is just your P4 making quick necessary corrections to maintain altitude and keep stable. It might be more stable if you climb out of range of the vertical detectors.

Another valid point raised, maybe I should be more descriptive. I had this happening at an altitude of 10 meters, above grass and on a calm day. I'll do further tests and provide my finding here for more assistance or whether I detect the issue. I'll set way points in DJI Go and then in Litchi and record the flights.

Thanks for your time to respond.

Another valid point raised, maybe I should be more descriptive. I had this happening at an altitude of 10 meters, above grass and on a calm day. I'll do further tests and provide my finding here for more assistance or whether I detect the issue. I'll set way points in DJI Go and then in Litchi and record the flights.

Thanks for your time to respond.

I'm a pensioner so I have the time. :)

10 metres hey? OK. Have you tried the waypoints and POI's togther? Having the camera pointing toward one or two spread out POI's with smooth curves may make a difference.

By the by where are you? There's no indication under your avatar.

I believe this is normal when it rocks down to fight the wind. Similar to flying at max. speed forward where it is leaned down and the props appear, or moving the gimbal up above horizon to the +30 degree mark for zero. Some claim a ND filter also helps with the issue (Slower shutter speed.).

Do you by chance have a video you can post that shows it happening on a calm day?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4