Rock Castles in Tennessee

Thanks, it was definitely challenging since for some reason I couldn't get more then two satellites to load so I flew in atti the whole time

I went to school near Knoxville for 4 years. Great area. I want to visit gaitlinburg again with my drone

Reactions: BigAl07
What??? no flyaway?? no RTH triggered by lost GPS?? No motor failures?? How can this be possible???

Good stick work, you are a pilot, with either courage, talent, or a lack of fear.

In any event, it is nice to see what is possible, thanks.

Flights like this expand everyone's idea of what is possible, kind of like seeing the first kid do a flip on a skateboard and realizing what is possible!

kengineer said:
What??? no flyaway?? no RTH triggered by lost GPS?? No motor failures?? How can this be possible???

Good stick work, you are a pilot, with either courage, talent, or a lack of fear.

In any event, it is nice to see what is possible, thanks.

Flights like this expand everyone's idea of what is possible, kind of like seeing the first kid do a flip on a skateboard and realizing what is possible!

Haha, thanks, I had a couple satellites but put it in atti to be safe, at least I think thats the safe way to fly with limited satellite access :?: As for crashes, this is my third DJI so I do kind of learn the hard way lol.

Hey guys, I'm down visiting family in Tennessee and brought the Phantom along with for some of the neat hikes This was a bluff of overhangs that was pretty neat.

I live in Cookeville is there any way you could give me the location I would like to take my inspire 1 and get some good shots!

wow. great flying, you have bigger balls than I..lol I havent been up to the rocks in years.

Very good. Brill flying..

I'm not surprised at the lack of GPS in those rocks. Awesome flying! Flying low and slow can have it's rewards.

I went to school near Knoxville for 4 years. Great area. I want to visit gaitlinburg again with my drone
Just be mindful where you fly. Gatlinburg is nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park which has had a long standing "No aircraft policy" which was recently updated to specifically include any and all R/C aircraft regardless if for hobby or commercial.

I'm sure there are places where you can get away with it but with the amount of "cell phone police" around I'd be careful as the fines are hefty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20