Rochester, NY

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I sold my parrot AR 2.0 this morning on ebay and went out and bought a DJI Phantom 3 standard about 4 seconds after I saw the sold email. What an amazing quad this thing is. The AR was fun but not even remotely close to this. I have flown it three times and have about 30 min of video and the last flight I turned off the restricted mode and took it out a good ways. I am assuming I will keep this until next year and get a Phantom 4. Anyhow! Greetings from Rochester, NY and glad I found this forum.

p.s I bought the blade guards with it for $20. I know they were pricey as I got them from best buy. What is the performance difference between running with the guards and having them off?

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
Welcome to the forum! I'm in Rochester also, Henrietta area. I bought the Standard also, but was disappointed by its range so returned it and purchased the Professional. Blade guards are a good idea, I have already flown mine into a tree lol. You should also pick up the gimbal guard.

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
Have the gimbal guard coming. I just grabbed it off amazon yesterday. I also grabbed the tablet holder for the controller at the same time. I am fine with the range. I do not plan on this being my last phantom but I would rather learn on it and make my mistakes with this model before I spend gobs of money. Maybe next year I will grab a 4.

It is a pleasure to welcome you all to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

So how come I never see you guys flying around? Where do you all fly? :)

I am in Greece so I usually head north a bit because of unity hospitals helipad being an airport. I used to fly my r.c planes at the field next to northwood elementary and that's where I fly now until school starts up. I have seen a couple of (well at least one phantom) at a park not far from the school. I can get the name. I am open to flying anyplace really and would love to connect with other local flyers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am in Greece so I usually head north a bit because of unity hospitals helipad being an airport. I used to fly my r.c planes at the field next to northwood elementary and that's where I fly now until school starts up. I have seen a couple of (well at least one phantom) at a park not far from the school. I can get the name. I am open to flying anyplace really and would love to connect with other local flyers.

I live near the hospital also and I fly off Manitou Rd. If you hear a heli just lower down and keep your eyes out for it. I rarely see hospital landings, usually it is National Guard helicopters going by, and you can really hear those coming. If you are near Manitou we should meet up sometime and I will show you the area... it backs up to the park. Also there is the AMA sanctioned field in Northhampton park. That field is right next to the Ledgedale Airport and many people fly there with no issues. Depending on your location, I have also flown in the Gates Town Park on Lyell Rd. near Manitou. Aside form organized sports, there is usually nobody there.

Sounds like a plan. My friend Mike actually flys the Chinooks around here fro the Army. I would enjoy meeting up and flying. I work from home so I can get out a lot. I am actually topping off two batteries now and heading out for some flying.

Sounds like a plan. My friend Mike actually flys the Chinooks around here fro the Army. I would enjoy meeting up and flying. I work from home so I can get out a lot. I am actually topping off two batteries now and heading out for some flying.
I do a lot of my work from a home office myself. ;)
A bit overcast but no wind! Enjoy!

If you guys ever think about heading south to Conesus Lake, just let me know. Beautiful area at the south end. I saw someone at the south end about 2 weeks ago with a Phantom

I am all for a venture out. I need to get a car charger. I have two batteries but that is only good for about 40 minutes. Need to be able to charge a third while flying.

Only went to a few spots. The ones I really wanted to go to were packed. I found a few good areas to lift off. One spot I went to I was given grief by others. Pretty ridiculous

I would suggest early morning, just after sunrise. Just an FYI, lift offs & landings are not allowed in ANY New York State Park so be careful and maybe take a spotter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj