Robin Williams

Phantom_Menace66 said:
I can think of many better places to talk about the death of a coke fiend... Yes, this is general discussion in relation to Phantoms... Not the recently departed.

Wow. Just... wow.
Never understood the point of trolling... but whatever floats your boat, man. When you come back to the land of human beings, do let us know, huh?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its general discussion and I cant think of any better place to talk about such a lovely talented man who has taken his own life from depression and suicide. It goes to show it doesnt matter how rich or funny you are it can creep up on anyone. If anyone of you guys ever get so low that you think its the only way out, please try reach out and talk to someone, suicide is forever, depression doesnt have to be. Take care guys.

I can think of many better places to talk about the death of a coke fiend... Yes, this is general discussion in relation to Phantoms... Not the recently departed.

Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes :roll:

freefall101 said:
sidebox said:
I fail to see how this relates to quadcopters. 200,000 people die every day. It is unfortunate that he decide to kill himself. Yes, his older stuff was very funny, as well. I still see no correlation to quads.

I can't stand people like your kind, are you sure you're human or are you so obsessed with your quadcopter, technology, the computer, internet forums, etc that you've forgotten what being human is? Get a grip!

It has nothing to do with someone being obsessed with quad copters or any other hobby. This is a forum primarily relating to Phantoms & other multirotor craft and not the correct forum in which to lament over the recently departed. There are many sources of social media available, Twitter-Facebook etc. where one can post comments or pass on their condolences in regards to the untimely death of Robin Williams or anyone for that matter.

Phantom menace will you ever relax, read back because Mods have already said it is and they also said the name of the topic is self explanatory so why click on it and get your knickers in a twist about it. Maybe just say "well that aint for me"

Reactions: dirkclod
Phantom_Menace66 said:
This is a forum primarily relating to Phantoms & other multirotor craft and not the correct forum in which to lament over the recently departed.

Directly from Adam, in describing this forum: "If it doesn't fit in the other forums, this is the place." Notice it doesn't say "if it doesn't fit in other forums, and still has to do with Phantoms or other multirotor craft..."

It's really Adam's call whether he wants to add an off-topic forum. Not yours or anyone elses.

Again, the subject was very clear concerning the subject of this thread. If you feel it's not something you want to read here, simply don't open it.

I used to be quite bad going into posts I didnt really like and giving out, flaming and trolling but I sought professional help for that and my special meds have made me much better at trying to be nicer ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Phantom_Menace66 said:
freefall101 said:
sidebox said:
I fail to see how this relates to quadcopters. 200,000 people die every day. It is unfortunate that he decide to kill himself. Yes, his older stuff was very funny, as well. I still see no correlation to quads.

I can't stand people like your kind, are you sure you're human or are you so obsessed with your quadcopter, technology, the computer, internet forums, etc that you've forgotten what being human is? Get a grip!

It has nothing to do with someone being obsessed with quad copters or any other hobby. This is a forum primarily relating to Phantoms & other multirotor craft and not the correct forum in which to lament over the recently departed. There are many sources of social media available, Twitter-Facebook etc. where one can post comments or pass on their condolences in regards to the untimely death of Robin Williams or anyone for that matter.

You shouldn't have clicked the thread in the first place, and it takes up one line in the general discussion section of the forum, is it really that much of a deal that you insist on stopping members say their bit about the guy?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its general discussion and I cant think of any better place to talk about such a lovely talented man who has taken his own life from depression and suicide. It goes to show it doesnt matter how rich or funny you are it can creep up on anyone. If anyone of you guys ever get so low that you think its the only way out, please try reach out and talk to someone, suicide is forever, depression doesnt have to be. Take care guys.

Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes :roll:

I don't eat cornflakes... There are many sources of more suitable social media, Twitter/Facebook etc, where one can post comments or pass on their condolences. This is not the correct forum in which to do so...

Phantom_Menace66 said:
I don't eat cornflakes... There are many sources of more suitable social media, Twitter/Facebook etc, where one can post comments or pass on their condolences. This is not the correct forum in which to do so...

Whilst I acknowledge that 'depression' may be a genuine medical condition, unfortunately as with many conditions people use it as a crutch. People such as RW who have access to almost inexhaustible wealth, the best medical facilities/practitioners, are surrounded by minders, press agents, publicists etc and have literally hundreds of people who they can call upon for support, make the choice to end their lives and call it 'depression'. They choose to open a bottle of booze and they choose to do drugs, simple as that.
I'd gladly swap my humble life for one of fame, fortune & 300 million sitting in the bank....
[/quote]

Now this is a Class A example of an ignorant bigot, please stop digging yourself a hole. Are you now saying depression might not even be a medical condition?!?!?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
CarlJ said:
It's hard to believe, I feel such a profound loss. He'll always be remembered for his work, but there will never be another Robin Williams.
I felt a similar, profound loss when my P2V+ crashed.... It was such a tragedy.

Very materialistic, what a surprise

Phantom_Menace66 said:
CarlJ said:
It's hard to believe, I feel such a profound loss. He'll always be remembered for his work, but there will never be another Robin Williams.
I felt a similar, profound loss when my P2V+ crashed.... It was such a tragedy.

You're being a jerk at this point... Which you clearly get off on. I hope a moderator locks this topic up and that we can get an "off topic" forum going soon.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

+1

Phantom_Menace66 said:
This is not the correct forum in which to do so...

Again... not your call. Stop trying to impose YOUR will on someone else's board. If you care to go off and start up your own forum, then YOU get to decide the rules. Until then...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20