RMA for Wifi issue - Denied for Crash

Reaction score
Recently I sent in my v2+ that was having connection issues. The wifi would connect but the image would be black or frozen usually. The issue would come and go. It wasn't a big priority to get fixed so finally I sent it in for repair. The tech called to state the gimbal has a bent arm so apparently I crashed the drone causing the camera to fail.

Based on the forum posts it seems the issue is related to the wifi device inside the phantom. The gimbal still functions properly and the connection issue has been with the unit since I got it. How do I explain it to the tech so they at leat diagnose the wifi? Any advice appreciated.

Telfari said:
Recently I sent in my v2+ that was having connection issues. The wifi would connect but the image would be black or frozen usually. The issue would come and go. It wasn't a big priority to get fixed so finally I sent it in for repair. The tech called to state the gimbal has a bent arm so apparently I crashed the drone causing the camera to fail.

Based on the forum posts it seems the issue is related to the wifi device inside the phantom. The gimbal still functions properly and the connection issue has been with the unit since I got it. How do I explain it to the tech so they at leat diagnose the wifi? Any advice appreciated.

Who did you send it to? There are couple good repair guys on the forum that would have had you up in running in a couple of days for a minimal charge.

You can always refer them to this thread started by me...... :D viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28176

I sent the v2+ to drone nerds in Florida. That is what dji instructed me to do. The main arm in bent a few degrees but the gimbal still can tilt and stabilize video. I haven't crashed it at all. For many years I have operated radio control flying things, have crashed many. My original phantom I had added fpg and zen use 2d and experienced a fly away which r suited in a crash. I did not attempt to warranty that because the unit crashed.

Am I able to send the device to someone else for warranty? If not I can fix it myself but I feel this is a faulty device which they should diagnose and fix. I have requested a denial in writing. My device is still with drone nerds. Spent $60 sending it there ant the tech on the phone yesterday stated I would owe return shipping since the device isn't covered.

Unfortunately you hadn't an opportunity to read my postings as they relate to the DJI authorized repair center in Miami, fl.
As another member had suggested you may have resolved the issue more favorably had you simply sent it in somewhere else.

Personally, they destroyed my quad after I sent it in for warranty work related to a camera/video Tx module issue, so much so that when I filed a complaint with DJI and sent them the quad for inspection & repair, they (DJI) after seeing the condition it was returned to me in simply replaced the entire quad, which btw had only been flown several times prior to my sending it to Miami. A hard lesson learned. In reality it is most important to first get references regarding a suitable repair center, one whose techs and assistants know what they are doing, otherwise you may be better suited doing the work yourself with a lot less aggravation in the end regardless of warranty concerns.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj