Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Risk of injury from blades??

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by race3, Nov 30, 2013.

1. race3

I'm just curious, does anyone know the risk of injury from the phantom blades? Are they strong enough to take off a finger?

I'm suspecting not, but wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts or has been nicked by one.

2. LeoS

I guess it depends on how fast it's going, angle of impact, body parts exposed and how big of a pansy you are.

J/k.

I 'caught' my brother's out of control phantom which was flying toward us at eye-level (don't ask) and got some sore spots in my hand and a small nick. Not too bad.

3. myvrodrocks

I got nailed by my Blade 120sr and that hurt like a mother. Those blades are bigger and heavier so they have more momentum. But the PV is going a lot faster and they are sharper.

4. Pull_Up

Yes, I notice the PV blades have quite a keen edge on them. When I was "leaf blowing" low down with her the other day you could see (and hear!) that any leaves that went up into the rotor disc were pretty cleanly and effectively shredded. Put it this way, I won't be volunteering to test what happens by sticking any part of me into the rotors when they are running! :shock:

5. gpauk

I'll drink to that!

Not quite the same but... flying my P1 in the summer, the blades got covered in red stripes... bug in a blender syndrome... wouldn't want that to be me!!

6. Topeeka

Was this an "accidental strike" or were you 'gunning' for the unlucky bug..??

7. gpauk

In my defence I'd have to say I couldn't see the bugs... but I suspect there were a fair few of em in the air....