Rise of the Clones

Nice. If the prices are a bit lower than $699 and $899, it would pose serious threat to DJI.

Send in the clone/drone!!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good video. I just wish the X-star came in black. Why orange? Maybe cause it is easier to see than white. Also does anyone think Demunseed looks like a 70 year old Eddie Munster?
Demuseen has sort of softened his position re the P4. See his latest vid here:

Reactions: Squirrel!
Demuseen has sort of softened his position re the P4. See his latest vid here:

Hate to say it, but not a very useful comparison tech spec wise between the P4 and Autel X-Star. Made no mention of the shorter max range
or the difference in video frequency (900mhz) on the Autel. I think it was more about the better case.

Autel definitely has better tech support.

Seriously considering the Autel drone over DJI if my Phantom 3 Standard ever dies.

It was a fun time many different people flew the autel and liked it .I'm not saying one was better then the other,but for their first drone it's pretty good.cant wait to see what they put out next

Thanks for the review, my friend!

To be honest, I don't see the camera being better, but maybe that is just me. It does, however, look to be good competition for DJI. But it seems the same. At a better price. Isn't that the definition of 'clone'? o_O;)
isn't really better except it is removable

Hate to say it, but not a very useful comparison tech spec wise between the P4 and Autel X-Star. Made no mention of the shorter max range
or the difference in video frequency (900mhz) on the Autel. I think it was more about the better case.

Autel definitely has better tech support.

Seriously considering the Autel drone over DJI if my Phantom 3 Standard ever dies.
it is a good choice I love my phantoms but always good to have other birds why eat same burger all the time always good to have a different one

it is a good choice I love my phantoms but always good to have other birds why eat same burger all the time always good to have a different one
I agree. Mind you, I've owned every phantom ever made including phantom 1. Never had a crash on any. After all they are idiot proof. But I'm not a cool aid drinker which is why I welcome something of the same form factor if it is built with a stronger shell.

well just called autel within 2 min I'm talking to someone about drone and found out the x star premium is running similar thing to Lightbridge just couldn't call it that and range was 1.25 miles was just being conserveitive they didn't want to say 2 miles like he said you have to have perfect conditions to get really long range what nice people

Agreed....love my phantom too, but I welcome the competition. It raises the bar for every drone manufacture out there[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
well just called autel within 2 min I'm talking to someone about drone and found out the x star premium is running similar thing to Lightbridge just couldn't call it that and range was 1.25 miles was just being conserveitive they didn't want to say 2 miles like he said you have to have perfect conditions to get really long range what nice people

Interesting !!! I'd love to know more !! I guess in time

well since I had wifi turned off to tablet and x star hooks up was wondering how if its wifi that is why I called them was funny took alittle bit for him to say it is similar to Lightbridge well now I know

Lightbridge is essentially "wifi" without the need for the handshake and confirmation that the data was received...

I guess like wifi and radio mixed together. If you lose reception everyhing doesn't start over it just continues as soon as it gets signal back.

I wonder if they will give some more detailed specs at a later date!!

I think they don't want dji up there butts on this one so are keeping it on the down low sign of things just don't say much and call it something else

Ah yes !! Makes sense to me !! The price seems a little high .. If the expensive one was priced like the cheap one I would pick one up today !! I wonder if things will get to the point where we can hack their firmware and load it onto our DJI products to get around all this BS with restrictions / speed reductions / etc !! Lol maybe I'm thinking too far out there lol

Weird...I would think if it was that easy to use a system very similar to lightbridge that everybody would be doing it instead of the old school wifi way. I see a lawsuit in Autel future maybe. Another Apple vs Samsung[emoji33]

Weird...I would think if it was that easy to use a system very similar to lightbridge that everybody would be doing it instead of the old school wifi way. I see a lawsuit in Autel future maybe. Another Apple vs Samsung[emoji33]

The thing about Autel, unlike Yunnec and others, is that it's a massive company that can afford some heavy duty lawyering. In fact, given their technological prowess, it isn't surprising that they were the ones to finally get another bird out there that wasn't running on WiFi.
Autel

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
so true autel isn't a new company been around awhile you can use something else that' shall we say is like light bridge but is different how well that's a question they don't tell you I tried

Interesting on the 900mhz downlink.... in theory it should go further (using the same power output) and also penetrate objects better.... more tests and info needed...

Reactions: NormanNormal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen