RIP Vision+

Reaction score
So.. I have had my Vision + for around 18 months without incident.. Always stable, never an issue.. Never even tipped on me.

I used it on Saturday.. Perfect.

I used it today.. It took off at a 45 degree angle, sliced my leg on the way and the fought like a bucking bronco trying to crash itself. After around 15 stressful minutes it went full speed 45 degrees down until it was under water.

Anyone have a guess? Was it just its time? Does DJI offer a replacement or upgrade program?

:'(

guess would be no since its 18 months old and out of warranty time for a new one phantom 3 series is one great upgrade

If it wasn't flying correctly for 15 minutes, I am curious as to why you didn't land.

It was trying to crash itself for 15 minutes. I was trying to keep it in the air and back to a safe place to land. Again, had it for 18 months.. I knew how to use it.
Oh. RIP.

Reactions: BennyGca
Just go pick up a Autel Robotics Premium....

Humm.. Those are tempting at half the price!

I still want an explanation from DJI though.. And conformation of the no fly zones! I knew I was in a restricted altitude location, but if that map changed or is incorrect.. Technically it shouldn't have taken off with 7 locked satellites. Anyway, an explanation would be nice.

P3Ps ($700) and P3As ($600) are cheap at MicroCenter

So.. I have had my Vision + for around 18 months without incident.. Always stable, never an issue.. Never even tipped on me.

I used it on Saturday.. Perfect.

I used it today.. It took off at a 45 degree angle, sliced my leg on the way and the fought like a bucking bronco trying to crash itself. After around 15 stressful minutes it went full speed 45 degrees down until it was under water.

Anyone have a guess? Was it just its time? Does DJI offer a replacement or upgrade program?

:'(
If it makes you feel any better, I lost my P2 Vision with the Roto Pixal gimbal that I just put on that I fly with my Relay drone in the lake over a week ago. It was about 800 ft out in front of me and 185 ft up when it decided to land in the lake. I still have not figured out why that happened. It never has been crashed. I have a Vision plus model comming that I just ordered that I will use with my relay drone.

Humm.. Those are tempting at half the price!

I still want an explanation from DJI though.. And conformation of the no fly zones! I knew I was in a restricted altitude location, but if that map changed or is incorrect.. Technically it shouldn't have taken off with 7 locked satellites. Anyway, an explanation would be nice.
My wild guess is there was something wrong with the gyros...

If it makes you feel any better, I lost my P2 Vision with the Roto Pixal gimbal that I just put on that I fly with my Relay drone in the lake over a week ago. It was about 800 ft out in front of me and 185 ft up when it decided to land in the lake. I still have not figured out why that happened. It never has been crashed. I have a Vision plus model comming that I just ordered that I will use with my relay drone.

That doesn't make me feel better.. Cause I know your frustration.!.

That doesn't make me feel better.. Cause I know your frustration.!.

I'm wondering if the No Fly Zone had any effect.. I was outside the red, and it shouldn't have taken off if I was.
Maybe the airport had incorporated a RF jammer or drone killer.?.

No Fly Zone - YUL.jpg

Have a phantom 2 with a broken motor. Take of no problem,. But soon flip over and goes down . Maybe got some dirt in the motor, destroyed the wiring inside. makes the ESC to cut when temperature rise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj