RioRand® DJI Phantom Brushless Camera Gimbal w/Motors &Controller for Aerial movie

Reaction score
Good day and please excuse me if this is the wrong spot to to ask this set up question.....this is my first post.

I recently purchased a
RioRand® DJI Phantom Brushless Camera Gimbal w/Motors &Controller for Aerial movie from Amazon and was told that it would work with my recently purchased Phantom 2. It came with really bad instructions on how to set it up on my Phantom2. I have searched for hours and even sent RioRand a note asking for help but no luck as of yet. Would you be able to help me?

Good day and please excuse me if this is the wrong spot to to ask this set up question.....this is my first post.

I recently purchased a
RioRand® DJI Phantom Brushless Camera Gimbal w/Motors &Controller for Aerial movie from Amazon and was told that it would work with my recently purchased Phantom 2. It came with really bad instructions on how to set it up on my Phantom2. I have searched for hours and even sent RioRand a note asking for help but no luck as of yet. Would you be able to help me?

Your gimbal is a generic china copy Alexmos 2 axis using 2208 motors. They just branded it RioRand to make sound fancy.

Do you need FPV??
Or do you just need stabilisation and do blind GOpro recordings?
If you are just flying blind, then all you need to do is connect/solder the red/black JST connecter onto the main board. The gimbal just needs 12v for it to stabilise. You then take the JST from the gimbal board and connect to the Phantom. And remember, you need to keep the IMU still for 20seconds for it initiate.

FPV from the gopro however requires a little more work. You will need a gopro USB TV out (10 pin USB).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen