Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Right stick or left stick - not both

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Stufft, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Stufft

I was out flying today and got up to my max altitude of 400ft (my decision to set it at that) and then I tried bringing it down but so as to avoid prop wash I tried to fly forwards, this is where things got weird. It seems that my P2V can either descend or fly laterally (forwards, backwards or sideways) but not do both at the same time. Is this a new issue I have or is it a known problem? I haven't seen any mention of it on the forums before. BTW I am running V3.0!

2. OI Photography

Only when you're descending? Does it let you apply right stick when you're climbing or yawing?

3. BlackTracer

I believe I had this in v2.00 as well. If I initiate a descend from hover, THEN try to give right stick, it won't accept it and just continues straight down. However if I give right stick first then descend it then obeys both the descent and right stick. This is undocumented I think as I haven't seen anything on this either.

4. Stufft

Yawing works fine, can travel in a circle with the camera facing an object all the time. Not sure about ascending.

I think right stick first worked, just thought it was abit unusual not being able to work both. I didn't know if it was something peculuar to quadcopters.

5. Madwak

Mine will deffo start to descend and still let you apply right stick as well after it started descending, just been doing it tonight but I am still on 1.08.

6. Stufft

I might have a try again once I go revert to 1.08. Might be Saturday before I get a chance at my next flight

7. BenDronePilot

I'm on the latest v2 assistant firmware and I have no problem using both sticks regardless if I am ascending or descending. You may need to recalibrate your device

8. Stufft

When you say recalibrate, do you mean the IMU? I've calibrated the sticks and did the compass dance.

9. BenDronePilot

First and foremost, plug in to the hidden micro usb in your controller and calibrate the remote. You can also go to the Assistant and do advanced calibration as well just make sure you're on a straight level surface. And that should do you. There also is a control calibration option in the RC assistant itself which may work in lieu of having to take apart the remote. You can try the easiest methods first, if that doesn't work then recalibrate your control in the RC assistant.

10. Stufft

OK, got that all done after a false start (Didn't realise there was separate software for the remote, I thought it was all done through Phantom Assistant :oops: ).

Will check flight characteristics tomorrow if it's dry.

11. Dillinger

Same issue here, too. During descent no forward/backward possibility.
    Somehow cant see connection with calibrating and dancing, as all sticks do what they need to do separately, also yaw and forward flying is ok. on 2.0 still.

12. gfredrone

Same issue here on v2.0. If you do right stick first then decent it works, but not the other way around. It wasn't like this before v2.0.

No issue on accent.

13. BenDronePilot

Yeah there is a separate RC assistant specif to the radio control which you can do varying things with including firmware updates for the 5.8 control.

14. mr_3_0_5

I know a exactly what your talking about mine has been doing that since day one
    I asked about it but nobody really knew what I was talking about
    It's like it flys in steps only either down or toward you but not both
    If you find the fix let me know

15. bearmans

I also have encountered this issue. I also found that if you are in full stick back descent, there is no control. But, if you back off a bit on the full down, you regain control of forward, left, right, as was before the upgrade to 2.0.

Barry

16. nhoover

Yes,starting with V2.0 it's exactly as Barry says: full descent locks out pitch/roll. Just back it off a little and you're good.

17. Stufft

I went to V2. 0 and it seemed a bit better today but still not right. Spent most of my time answering questions as the park was quite busy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk