Right Out of the Box??

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the difference in motors right out of the box.
One of the first things I noticed when I first got mine was the motors were not consistent.
I could feel the difference in the way they free spun. With props on, if I pushed the prop with my fingernail in the proper direction on one motor it would bounce off while the others were fairly smooth. None of them were consistent with the rest.
For the money it was one thing that disappointed me. :(

gbshovel said:
Has anyone else noticed the difference in motors right out of the box.
One of the first things I noticed when I first got mine was the motors were not consistent.
I could feel the difference in the way they free spun. With props on, if I pushed the prop with my fingernail in the proper direction on one motor it would bounce off while the others were fairly smooth. None of them were consistent with the rest.
For the money it was one thing that disappointed me. :(

On my first Phantom one of the motors had a slight more drag than the others. I was a bit disappointed by this but It never caused an issue. Probably because the electronics control each motor by what juice it needs to keep it where you tell it to be. Basically the electronics see that that corner needs some more lift by its input and until it gets where it needs to be it will crank up the juice. So that one May need a minute amount more juice than the others to do the same thing. Depending by how much drag yours has.

Mass production/China- need I say more

Yup, same here.

Disappointed upon discovery of one motor spinning not as smoothly as the rest..
...relieved when it flew just fine...
...and I've actually forgotten about it now, after 50+ flights...

...until you brought this @#$! up again :evil:

LOL I know .. Mine flies fine also, its just for the money we spent the quality should match.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj