Ribbon Cable

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a crash last week and amongst the damage was that the grey ribbon cable popped out. I have it and the pin block that holds it, but that does not have pins for each wire, did that break too?

Also, counting from the end where most of the wires are, there are fewer wire ports than wires. Where does the 1 extra wire go?

Thanks!

BDFlyer, if you need your cable to ship sooner than Monday, you can also buy one here on Amazon.

So, I ordered and received the cable set. I took the drone apart and got to work on the replacement. I had it together and the last bit was to attach the gray cable to the camera. That was where the project ended. It turned out that the cable ends attached fine to the board, but that same connector cannot connect to the camera. Looking at what was left over from the original cable, it had a different width of connector.

My guess is that the original cable had an 8 pin connector on one end and a 10 pin on the other. I've written DJI service and will now have to wait to hear back from them.

Aggg

[HTTP="[URL="http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/timstthomas/media/20160713_150014_zpsl2kmjcxe.jpg.html"]Photo by timstthomas[/URL]"]

Top cable, the replacement, middle (Both ends are the same), cable pieces that was in the camera, bottom cable, the end of the replacement cable.

[HTTP="[URL="http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/timstthomas/media/20160713_150014_zpsl2kmjcxe.jpg.html"]Photo by timstthomas[/URL]"]

Top cable, the replacement, middle (Both ends are the same), cable pieces that was in the camera, bottom cable, the end of the replacement cable.

One end is a 10 pin connector, with 2 slots left open. That is the side that goes to the gimbal. Reverse your cable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

3be521098249e78832b52caf7942c479.jpg

This end goes to the gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One end is a 10 pin connector, with 2 slots left open. That is the side that goes to the gimbal. Reverse your cable.

3060369081c5a02bc7d11b0cdd4a8b13.jpg

Both ends of the cable are the same.
dc1cb52652d58bd32b4c908231fa0487.jpg

Cable set that arrived and the old portion that held the wires. They are different. Did I buy the wrong cables for a 3 standard?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had followed them, then saw the Amazon supplier was not Prime... Wife wants me to fly, gotta love them when they want you to have fun.

Anyway, I thought I found the part. Anyone need this? Never used, free shipping in the us.

I'll order the correct one and that will take care of it.

My, but this craft has a lot if electronics on it. Huge GPS antenna.

Thanks folks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4