Ribbon Cable

I know exactly what part you're talking about, and it seems like everywhere I go people are pointing me to totally different parts. Mine actually caught fire at the connection point nearest the mounting plate. I can not find one anywhere...I've been looking all over the place. No word at all from DJI who seem to be completely ignoring the many people with this same issue. The sad part is it would likely be a 10 dollar fix...I'd even pay 30 or 40 dollars for a new cable...I'm likely just going to need a new gimbal, but every gimbal i've found has VERY mixed reviews ranging from not working at all, to a little finicky, to being perfect. If ANYONE has found a solution to this or knows where to get a working replacement please let me know.

There are no replacement parts for the H3-2D gimbal. So you are only left with one choice and that is replace it with either H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal and modify the hole if you have to to fit the gimbal motor into the P2. Now if you're using a GP hero 3+ you can also modify the H3-3D gimbal so that you can plug the GP in the 30 pin connector that you used on the H3-2D gimbal. There is a video on YouTube that will show you how to modify the gimbal and the 30 pin connector can be found on ebay.

I know this a few months old but I bought a used p2 with the h32d gimbal with a broken ribbon cable. I searched and could not find a replacement. I called DJI and they stated they can perform in house repairs instead of sending them to China like a year ago. Hopefully I hear from them soon on the repair cost.

I know this a few months old but I bought a used p2 with the h32d gimbal with a broken ribbon cable. I searched and could not find a replacement. I called DJI and they stated they can perform in house repairs instead of sending them to China like a year ago. Hopefully I hear from them soon on the repair cost.

You might have been better off buying the h3-3d if some dealer has one or the latest h4-3d as both gimbals are far better then the h3-2d. Cost for h4-3d is $284.99 usd. The h3-2d came with P2 new last year and I switched over to the h3-3d this year and it's very stable in high winds.

Just got my invoice from DJI for the cable repair..... $78. I guess I can't complain about that but labor is 65 and the part is 13. Hope they check it out and ensure it works before they return since I purchased it used.

At each socket, there are only 4 necessary connections: ground, power, CAN-H, CAN-L. The other 2 wires are to send the camera video back to the main board.

With this in mind, wouldn't the H3-3D ribbon work on the 2D just with the extra branch cut off? They're the same shape apart from the extra arm going to the third motor??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj