Ribbon Cable Protector

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Phantom 3 Standard and almost immediately crashed it into a tree. The gimbal come apart and the ribbon cable was severed. I picked up a ribbon cable and i'm back up and running. I see there are lots of ribbon cable protectors out there but they are all listed for the pro/advanced version. Will they not work on a standard? If not, Is there one for a standard because I can't find one if there is? Thanks for reading!

I recently picked up a Phantom 3 Standard and almost immediately crashed it into a tree. The gimbal come apart and the ribbon cable was severed. I picked up a ribbon cable and i'm back up and running. I see there are lots of ribbon cable protectors out there but they are all listed for the pro/advanced version. Will they not work on a standard? If not, Is there one for a standard because I can't find one if there is? Thanks for reading!
Why would you need a ribbon cable protector? Its most likely pointless, especially if you crash again.

The protector is supposed to keep the gimbal from coming apart which is what tears the incredibly flimsy ribbon cable.

I'm trying to find out if the following link also fits a standard. I think I just found somewhere that it will. It keeps the gimbal motors from coming apart when it crashes which tears the fragile ribbon cable. Since it's only 4 bucks I just ordered one to find out for sure. I assume I'll have it in a few weeks, since it comes from China. Thanks for your replies!

Gimbal Protector Ribbon Cable Saver For DJI Phantom 3 Pro&Advanced RC Quadcopter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers