Ribbon Cable - I emailed DJI - got a response within 24 hour

Re: Ribbon Cable - I emailed DJI - got a response within 24

webstereo said:
DJI has now stopped responding to my enquiries. The last thing they said was that they instructed their rep to send a ribbon to my dealer, but nothing has been received thus far. Now when I email to ask when the rep might actually do it I get no response. Has anyone else even had contact?

I wonder if they were phishing to get info on the dealer...

Almost sounds like neither the dealer or DJI want to provide - they would probably rather have $700 for the cam/gimbal replacement. /cynnicism off.

I got my ribbon from atkdrones. I got it within 3 days after order. Get em while theyre hot !

Unfortunately, while my camera now works, the gimbal still goes batty. Im now debating whether to just buy a new cam/gimbal, or lay off flying for awhile.

The novelty of flying around has worn off, but I had big plans to fly in cool places, and do FPV.

Unfortunately, this camera issue is an expensive lesson (the crash was pseudo-my-fault - more on that in a moment).
That, adn the apparent risk of fly-away makes me reticent to fly - because if im too worried about ruining myself financially and/or hurting someone due to some whacky fly-away, it really isnt worth it. Thats the inner fight Im fighting at the moment.

Ive put about 25 hours flying time on my aircraft. I got an FC40 for my son and we fly together, and its alotta fun. I crashed in my own cul de sac when I was hovering about 30 ft. up near a tree (atlanta is /all/ trees). I was concentrating on keeping his flight in teh frame, and my bird broke GPS lock, and drifted into a tree, tumbled down the outside, and hit the pavement. Broke cable, dinged (but not bent) gimbal, 2 broke prop guards, and of course a couple props.

Inner debate whether to fix it and fly again are ongoing - at the same time im keeping my eye on the flyaway situation. If reports fall off after this latest f/w update, I might feel comfortable flying it again - other than that, rural flying is the only place I would feel comfortable.

Oops - sorry bout zagging off-topic.

Get your cable from atkdrones.com.

There's no way I'm paying $50 to have something sent to me from the USA that can't cost any more than a few dollars to send. Nevermind the price of the thing in the first place.
The official UK dealer refuses to acknowledge that repair is possible. Presumably they are only interested in selling a whole new camera.

Can't wait to see the price on the interchangeable gimbal from DroneExperts.

I wanted to compile a list to get an idea of numbers of broken ribbon cables but the moderator of this forum wouldn't let me.

I just shelled out $700 for a new cam/gimbal. Ughhh... New cable fixed the cam, but not the gimbal flop.

Maybe I shoulda bought 2 FC40s for the price instead.. ughhh

I thought I'd have one more crack at getting a response from them.
They replied fairly quickly with a response that seems to contradict the original one:

I have checked our product list and consulted our sales rep.

I am afraid you can only purchase P2V+ Gimbal Ribbon Cable with Gimbal Servo Motor.

We do not sell the ribbon cable separately. As in most cases, the ribbon cable fails with the motor.

Alternatively, you may choose to send it to us your Phantom with your old ribbon cable. We may replace it for you if we confirm the cable has a problem.

Sending it to Hong Kong when they "may" replace it for me does not seem like a viable solution.

I took my PV2+ into a dealer in the UK and was told that I'd be best to post ti to DJI in Germany for them to replace the ribbon cable. The dealer reckoned that all in it should cost about £100. I'll post it today and let you know what crippling charges I face...

xring10 said:
I took my PV2+ into a dealer in the UK and was told that I'd be best to post ti to DJI in Germany for them to replace the ribbon cable. The dealer reckoned that all in it should cost about £100. I'll post it today and let you know what crippling charges I face...

The dealer in Spain electronicaRC says the cost is 100 euros to replace the cable.

xring10, any news on your repair?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers