Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Ribbon Cable Connectors - what are they? - free cable

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Wheat, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Wheat

I am working on getting a replacement cable made for the camera ribbon cable. One of the items that makes this easier, is to know what the connectors are that the cable is supposed to plug into. When you do this you can just make sure the ends meet the specifications that the connector manufacture specifies. Does anyone know what the connectors are on the circuit boards? If you can help identify them for me, you will get a free cable from the first production run.

Thank you

2. mixstreme

Courtesy of Sea_owl - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 815&page=2
    Here is DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Gimbal Ribbon Cable schematics, and close-up pictures. It's easy to reproduce it (I'm too lazy to do it, personally). It is FPC ("flexible printed-circuit board"), and there are lot of companies that can make it from the scans or from the original Phantom FPC ("ribbon cable") for cheap. They scan it, convert scans to the "Gerber" file, send it to a machine, and get finished flexible PCB in a hours.

This is an ongoing project to help the thoasands of people who have the vision plus self exploding/suicidal gimbal.....

Be part of it, don't just go for profit......

Let me know the cost of the ribbon cable........ xx

Regards
    Mix

Attached Files:

3. mixstreme

Attached Files:

4. CityZen

5. mixstreme

FREE MY ***.....

6. Shuether

Having just replaced this cable for a buddy after a crash, I hope this works out so they are more readily available.