Ribbon Cable come down in price?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've watched several repair videos on YouTube regarding P2V+ camera/gimbal repair, and many of them warn about being careful with the ribbon cable (sometimes they call it "flex cable") and then they say, "Because it breaks easily and for some reason it's really expensive", sometimes claiming it's a couple hundred dollars.

Is this some past problem? I checked eBay and saw it for $30, saw it on Amazon from $38:
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Ribbon-Cables-DJI-Phantom/dp/B00RLU5TZ8

In anticipation of needing to fix my gimbal (it's been ok but in one test it jerked around a bit), I'm just getting my facts straight about the ribbon cable. It'd be awesome if this thing is no longer a super expensive piece as my initial research appears... I know an entire camera/gimbal set is still expensive of course.

josh

sometimes claiming it's a couple hundred dollars
This used to be the case when they were hard to find. Those who had them price gouged the heck out of everyone.

Glad I wasn't missing something. Yeah I bought a P2V+ just in May despite the P3 being out, for two reasons -- (1) Get it for cheap while the "new model" is hot, and (2) plenty of parts/knowledge out there! Didn't think I'd be cashing in on #2 so soon but I've already replaced a shell/ESC/motor, and it was on the cheap! I've heard of P3 owners not being so fortunate... Not that I'm knocking getting the latest and greatest.

josh

same pattern repeated by DJI w P3 and Inspire being 6 months catch up for parts.

P3 was batteries and other parts. With Inspire batteries and props were rare for a long time....

(1) Get it for cheap while the "new model" is hot
The P2V+ is really not cheap. I'm seeing it being sold for the same price or more than the P3A. Considering the huge technology difference, I'm surprised it's holding its price so well.

The P2V+ is really not cheap. I'm seeing it being sold for the same price or more than the P3A. Considering the huge technology difference, I'm surprised it's holding its price so well.

Yeah P3A is great price compared to what P2V+ was. I paid $850 on eBay for a P2v+ v3.0 with 3 batteries and some other goodies, like new. Was pretty happy.. Seen some P2V+ models on eBay for $700 range but the 2 extra batteries makes me feel like it was a decent auction.

Brand new? Wow -- you got an awesome deal!

Brand new? Wow -- you got an awesome deal!

Thanks!! It was used, "like new".. Seller said it was used for one weekend for a documentary filming. Given that the seller was being honest, it seemed worth it and practically new!

Too bad a couple weeks later I crashed it o_O so much for the "like new" status. But, thus began my fascination with maintenance/repair work on these birds!

Btw--speaking of which, your PhantomHelp.com site is epic! Among some of the trouble my Phantom is now having, one is drifting despite IMU calibration, and your site links to that awesome thread where they figure out how to address IMU calibration woes on P2V+'s!! I read it with rapt attention like a thriller novel heh :cool: Can't wait to try the fix.

Used one weekend and you got a nice steal. Good find!

I'm happy to hear PhantomHelp.com has been helpful for you :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31