RHO Lens falling out of Headplay Goggles

Reaction score
I've been trying to correctly mount the RHO lens in my Headplay goggles by following the printed instructions and various YouTube videos, but I've been having no luck. No matter how I do it, even after getting them placed firmly in the headset, by the time I get back home after an FPV session, the RHO lens have fallen out.

I'm thinking of lining the inside of the goggles with some adhesive weather stripping to create a channel which the RHO lens can slip into and be held in place with no chance of slipping out.

Any other ideas?

My lens has not fallen and it is pretty tight, but I 3D printed this mount to hold the lens. I did not have the right size screws for the mount, so I ordered them and I am waiting for delivery. As soon as I get them, I will open the Headplay and try the RHO lens mount.

The 3D printed lens mount worked great. If you cover the shipping, I can print you one. I also have extra M2 x 6mm screws that I can sell you for what I paid for them in eBay.

The 3D printed lens mount worked great. If you cover the shipping, I can print you one. I also have extra M2 x 6mm screws that I can sell you for what I paid for them in eBay.

Hey Carloss66. Are you still printing the rho lens mounts? I'm interested in purchasing.

Regards Ranger.

I've been trying to correctly mount the RHO lens in my Headplay goggles by following the printed instructions and various YouTube videos, but I've been having no luck. No matter how I do it, even after getting them placed firmly in the headset, by the time I get back home after an FPV session, the RHO lens have fallen out.

I'm thinking of lining the inside of the goggles with some adhesive weather stripping to create a channel which the RHO lens can slip into and be held in place with no chance of slipping out.

Any other ideas?

when I fitted the RHO lens in my headplay I used about 3" of double sided draught excluder stuck to the top of the lens and stuck it inside to the top of the headplay and pulled it into place with the 4 screws loose then tightened the screws up, now it never moves.
I did leave the fresnel lens in, I tried it out and in but not a lot of difference so I've left it in to stop dirt/dust getting onto the video screen.

I'm really impressed with the RHO lens after trying other things

just another idea.
100_0546.JPG

Hi Carloss66, I have the RHO lenses as well and would be interested in purchasing a mount from you as well. I would compensate you beyond the cost of shipping for your efforts.

Sean

Reactions: Curt schoech
Hi Carloss66, I too have the RHO lenses and am unable to consistently get them to stay put, i will gladly overcompensate you for your time. expertise and material in order to avoid the frustration of an unsecured RHO lens. Please advise. Curt

Rho-lens dismayed me the same way; there is no discernable place to insert the lens in the Headplay.
They now have a video which shows how to install the lens. Basically it jams into a place that looks totally wrong. It's a bit closer to your eyes than you would expect.
So, jam it in, turn it over and lower onto the top piece which is still upside-down on your work bench. The top part will hold the lens in place.
The five pictures in the instruction sheet are not clear about this but the video DOES show you where to put the lens. Here's the link to YouTube:

Having had both the Rho-lens and the Rho-lens HPro, the HPro version is much easier to mount and does a much better job.
Definitely worth getting. I have no issues with the HPro lens falling out of place, where with the older version I did.
The view is also superior.

Having had both the Rho-lens and the Rho-lens HPro, the HPro version is much easier to mount and does a much better job.
Definitely worth getting. I have no issues with the HPro lens falling out of place, where with the older version I did.
The view is also superior.
Gotcha. I may get the Pro version. The 'view' on mine isn't that great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik