Rf-v16 gps tracker setup?

ccase39 said:
dirkclod said:
That looks just like the one I got and got mine off e-bay from an US seller but he is not got anymore as I looked the other day .

Edit / The box's are the same but mine didn't come with a card .
I just ordered it. Hopefully it will be easier than the RF. Im sending it back.
I did it the other way around. I ordered the TK found it to be a pile of cack so returned it for the lighter, smaller, more battery efficient, more satellite sensitive rf v16. Perhaps the TK I had was a bad clone.

I don't know about that one but do love the one I got as it has proven itself twice on finding my bird dead on ! But like you I did the same thing as I sent back a Drones-Mods one that I found when trying it out to be off several hundred' sometimes or might be dead on the next time and where I fly that wasn't no good for me so I got the one I have now and have just never looked back . I might have just got a bad one like you !

Ok, it seems to me that these trackers, whichever make, behave in different ways- maybe a batch thing.

I have a TK102b that works exactly correctly. It is very accurate with a 4 day+ battery life.

But my craft is a Hex. build- and every gram I can pinch is vital. So I'm going to migrate to the RF.

Mods- just a summary of my classified listing (to follow):-
An unmarked, boxed TK 102b. 2 batteries. Wall charger. Waterproof case. 1 plain back, 1 magnetic back. Printed manual.
Only a bog standard PAYG 2g sims is required.

I propose that I authorize the buyer to interrogate the tracker to confirm all is well.

Any UK interest please see my classified listing- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34691

dirkclod said:
I don't know about that one but do love the one I got as it has proven itself twice on finding my bird dead on ! But like you I did the same thing as I sent back a Drones-Mods one that I found when trying it out to be off several hundred' sometimes or might be dead on the next time and where I fly that wasn't no good for me so I got the one I have now and have just never looked back . I might have just got a bad one like you !

Yeah the spec looked fab, but the one I got just didnt work properly. Pleased to hear there are some which do.

Agree, different batches must work different ways. My RF-V16 was not a problem getting it set up and it works very well.

Happyflyer said:
Agree, different batches must work different ways. My RF-V16 was not a problem getting it set up and it works very well.
I can't even create an account. If there was a decent tutorial out there I would love to keep the RX. All I found were reviews and one set up video that wasn't very clear. Plus I have vorizon. I did buy a T-Mobile pre paid.

PhantomFanatic said:
It does require either a T-mobile or AT&T service.
I dont think there is any such restriction. What is avaliable and compatible will vary depending where you are in the world. I tried giffgaff and O2 in the uk and they were both fine.

ccase39 said:
I can't even create an account. If there was a decent tutorial out there I would love to keep the RX. All I found were reviews and one set up video that wasn't very clear. Plus I have vorizon. I did buy a T-Mobile pre paid.
My account was set up from a laptop and was on my-t-mobile.com
I did this right after I activated the sim card on T-Mobile's site. I can log in anytime I want to see balances and/or add money to the account. An auto charge can also be set up there. As for a tracking site listed in manual as http://www.gps123.org, I never could get that to work. That is a location to log into to locate where your quad was after a crash.
My manual leaves things to be desired, but it can be deciphered enough to make mine work. If the OP is interested I could copy the English pages and Email them to you. Maybe they are better instructions. If interested PM me with the info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub