RF Coaxial Attenuator?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just bought a 1w 2.4ghz sunhans 802.11N MIMO 2T2R 300M Wireless Amplifier it has 2 inputs and outputs for the wifi repeater. Do I need to connect a attenuator? If so is the 2w one ok because I cant seem to locate a 1w one. Thanks guys

dkeshish said:
Hi guys. I just bought a 1w 2.4ghz sunhans 802.11N MIMO 2T2R 300M Wireless Amplifier it has 2 inputs and outputs for the wifi repeater. Do I need to connect a attenuator? If so is the 2w one ok because I cant seem to locate a 1w one. Thanks guys

If you mean with " attenuator " to reduce the power emitted from the wifi extender towards the amplifier then check the specs off the devices.
I did some research and found out that the extender has 100mW or 20dbm.
The sunhans you refer to can take max 20dbm=100mw input.
Check it again to make sure it is so.
If that is true what i recall then its a " NO " as a answer.
Just take your connection cables and no reduction of output from the wifi extender will be needed.
I seem to recall ben7..... has a video on youtube using the same setup your trying.

Isn't the 2W rating of the attenuator just a maximum power dissipation capability? If so I can't imagine why a 2W device couldn't be used in place of the 1W unit. It's probably larger and heavier, but if the 2W rating is just a maximum, then it shouldn't affect the attenuation (power reduction) of the device. But I don't know a lot about this system yet, so my contribution here is strictly generic.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik