Revert to Vision App 1.0.32

Reaction score
I have just 'upgraded' to 1.0.37. The effect has not been good and I would like to revert to 1.0.32. but it no longer shows up on the iPhone App Store. I do not have a copy (well, not that I know of)

I am not alone. This is at least one other thread with about a dozen others who want to revert.

Does anyone know how we can do this?

Thanks

Reverting an Apple app is difficult. Best to work out the bugs with the new version. What problem are you having?

Video quality is dreadful and there is 4-10 second lag after taking a still (I have not tried the movie mode yet). I tried reducing the quality of the video (i.e. the monitor function as seen on the iPhone during flight) but that has not made a great difference to the lag, and the quality is really poor, especially noticeable in bright sunlight.

Ive just managed to sync with my old laptop, that had version 1.0.30 on it, so deleted the current one on the iPhone, and disabled auto updates in settings for apps.

Connected to old laptop, stopped the sync, selected the old dii app, v 1.0.30 and chose install, then synced the phone and got the older version on the phone.

Lucky if you have an older iTunes library sat around i guess.

Could i transfer the older app across to current iTunes on main mac, possibly will let you know.

Next job is to downgrade to Phantom 2 installer - v 1.08 as just downloaded that one, so will try that first

Note _ some said to make sure your remote controller is updated, how do you do that as there is no USB slot anywhere, or is it done via the Pv2 and assistant?

Thanks all

matt

Hi Bob / Matt

Bob: I have the latest firmware (or were you asking Matt?)

Matt: I don't know much about these things but my controller has an external USB socket on the bottom of the case (below the sticks). Some earlier models did not have this external port but had one mounted inside which means you have to take the RC unit apart.

Still not sure if it is possible to revert to previous Visoon App. iPhones are still something of a mystery to me. Is it possible that someone has the 1.0.32 app file which can be mailed or put on a download site? If so how can I install it?

Thanks all.

HoverShot said:
Hi Bob / Matt

Bob: I have the latest firmware (or were you asking Matt?)

Matt: I don't know much about these things but my controller has an external USB socket on the bottom of the case (below the sticks). Some earlier models did not have this external port but had one mounted inside which means you have to take the RC unit apart.

Still not sure if it is possible to revert to previous Visoon App. iPhones are still something of a mystery to me. Is it possible that someone has the 1.0.32 app file which can be mailed or put on a download site? If so how can I install it?

Thanks all.

Cheer HS

Not Sure I want to 'take it apart' just to upgrade / downgrade, but just done the Remote assistance downgrade to V2, seemed quite easy. Downloaded the mac version from the site, put it in the app folder, and renamed it Phantom V2, so I can always relate to it easy next time i up/downgrade
When the Assistant is up on screen, The Main Controller I guess is the Phantom itself, and the RC transmitter is the actual Remote controller in your hand, or the sender unit?

Will fly later, see how it goes, needed to downgrade to fix the V3 problems....

Thx

Cheers again HS

Ignore rest of it, done thinking, need to fly!

That pic looks easy although would have thought dji would have put it on the outside if it was something upgrade able , would've been easy to access?

M

Look in the trash of your computer because if you have not emptied the trash there would still be a resident copy of the 1.0.32 version of the app. Old versions of apps end up in the trash. There are several posts about this. I had to revert back to 1.0.32 but I had a copy on my phone. Synced my phone with my laptop and then synced my ipad to my computer and all is good. No freezing screens and blank screens that just show telemetry data. this is what I am running 1.0.32 app and 2.0 firmware update. works great. hope this helps.

If you are jailbroken you can easily revert. I have the old IPA saved if anyone needs it.

gfredrone said:
If you are jailbroken you can easily revert. I have the old IPA saved if anyone needs it.

Tried to PM you but the message just stays in the Outbox. Would like a copy of the IPA, if available.

Thanks Corncrake

go to the app settings and rename the SSID to match the SSIS of the extender,,,i have the same issue,,i have not yet tried the fix becuase i reverted the previous app as soon as i noticed it didnt work,,,,,another user contacted DJI....and they provided the renaming ssid fix to him. let me know if it works, i am going to use the old droid app i have for now since it seems to work well,...DJI claims it is a SSID name glitch with the new app.....nice of them to let us all know,,,,,i truely believe they want us all to buy a Vision +......who is thier marketing genius?.....

Dear ******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative

this is what DJI instructs for the issue.....

let me know..... anyone,,,,,,, how it works

guyatl2000 wrote:After being on hold for 1:40, I finally got through to DJI support in LA. The guy that answered told me that there has been an issued with 1.0.39 with some Samsung devices but was not aware of a massive problem with many other android devices. I get the impression that Hong Kong has no idea what is going on. I suggested that the folks in Hong Kong need to look at this blog and some of the recent ratings that 1.0.39 is getting on Google Play. If guess if you stick your head in the sand long enough, it will go away???

thanks for nothing DJI......appreciate the attention to detail....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik