Reversed Controls

Reaction score
As some of you may recall a week or so ago when I loaded up RC assistant for the first time and a message came up on the screen to upgraded the firmware to my controller to the latest version which it said was 1.0.2.26. I didn't know any better ands said ok. I was having Issues and of sticks going all over and not calibrating correctly. I then did the RC assistant Calibrate and then did the naza calibrate and it seemed to come out of it? Well last night with props off shell on (for GPS to start motors) I turned it on both sticks down and mtrs came on but I didn't release left stick to center position and mtrs kept running. Jeesh I knew I had GREMLINS AGAIN. I push up on the throttle and Mtrs speed up a bit pull stick back down and they go even faster. I then pull left stick down to lock and Mtrs still keep running. :cool: I pull both sticks down and it stops. When I move right sticks seems to speed up more that when left stick is all the way up. By upgrading firmware could it muck up my nazda main controller? I hafta take wife to Dr. this morn but when I get back the only thing I figure I can do is to a factory reset on the phantom? Any suggestions? Maybe if this doesn't solve it I can make a Video? Jeesh :confused:

Thanks ~Duke

Duke..the last time I went into the RC assistant I messed mine up and had to go back in and mess with settings then go into other assistant and recalibrate the TX to fix it . Don't have a clue just what I did in that RC assistant when I upgraded but finally did get it back right .
Have never had to do a factory reset and would have to search to find out how to do one . Have only been in the RC assistant a few times and not sure what I am doing in there and just saying if ya keep messing with it you will get it back right .
Sorry that's really no answer to your question but just telling ya that's what happened to me and what I did.
Me not going in that assistant again unless I have to :eek:

You have to calibrate the controller in both the Phantom Assistant and the RC Assistant.
Did you do that?

Reactions: dirkclod
You have to calibrate the controller in both the Phantom Assistant and the RC Assistant.
Did you do that?
That very well be where I messed up when I did it Marlin .

+1

Also make sure Tx is set to Mode 2 and all channels set to NORMal no REVersed.

Duke are you ever going to get that bird off the ground?? Check your PM

Last edited:
Thanks to all, I just finished cleaning my computer room / and bench off & now its a newly made QUAD COPTER ROOM! ( I don't build or service PC's anymore) So this bench will make me a good service area. I worked till 4:00 am this morning on it and I just finished up and had a spare old laptop that I have and just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 it is installing 135 updates and will now be a dedicated Phantom Quad Lab machine. ;) I cant work work in a clobbered up area just makes me angry when I finish project after project and don't allow time to clean up and put my tools away. :eek:. Next thing ya know ya can't find yer azz. So thanks Fellas for all the responces!!

Jason yep after about 20 flights w a stock bird, then after I ate that telephone pole I decided to upgrade and install a gimble and cam & since things have went to hell in a hand basket. I got the PM and am fixin to look at that link ya sent me. I will be getting at it shortly. Will get back with ya guys with what I find.

~Duke

Attachments

• DSCN9050.JPG
    DSCN9050.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 340
Hang those props guards in the trophy room.:D

Gentleman we have Success! ;) Thanks to every one that hooked a brother up N017RW you hit the nail on the head. Also with the link Jason sent me Drone Camps RC How I missed it I haven't a clue! MODE 2 was the culprit. I think I was also going from RC Assistant into the Naza screen calibration, whether that makes a difference I dunno. All I know Is Calibrate 1st in RC Assistant MODE 2. Then Calibrate in Phantom Assistant under UPGRADE VERSION. It worked like a champ.

Now I woke up in a tissed arse mood over this and the wife asked me why my lip was all curled up. :confused: and I said the F%$#@*?G Phantom she said I'm gonna buy you a NEW ONE, so you can have fun wrecking 2 Instead of one. :eek: She kept probing me about it to and from the Doc in Kalamazoo. I mean what's a guy to do but give into an offer like that. I priced around and came up with a HONEY of a deal. A Phantom 2 V2 with Zenmuse H4 3D Gimbal for $470.00 buckaroos are you kidding me? I gave $399.00 for this last one a couple months back. So for $70.00 more I get a H43D Zenmuse Gimbal on top of the new Phantom!

That was within an hr from getting back from the Doc then around 6:00 pm I ended up getting the old one going. I told her I got the other one going and she said, That's okay ya need a second one anyways! Anyways Knowing I have this new bird coming I pulled out IOSD mini, took off the AVl58 mini the junky gimble and decided I would make this one my close range practice bird. So I stripped it down even took out the Canbus that was inside, assembled and put it back together and at 9:30 did me some night time flying and exhausted 3 Batteries down to 20-25%. The new bird will not get its Firmware upgraded NO WAY NO HOW!

This came at a price, After 33 years of marriage and her heckling me I finally knuckled under 3 weeks ago and bought her a Shitzu puppy. That sealed the deal right there, No doubt if I asked for a **** fleet of birds she would be okay with it. I have a good wife and I'm **** lucky. Did I ever tell you about the time I bought her a 1966 Piper Cherokee for her birthday? That was in in 1987 I think. :rolleyes: (She never said a word). That bird is long since gone and lemme tell you my friends I am **** glad as this hobby is a whole lot cheaper and prolly just as fun! :) Meet the Duke and his Bird. This day the picture was taken I was doing my pre flight and on my way to see my sister In McAllen Texas.

I really appreciate you guys and your help! Thank You The next Beers on me!

~Duke

Last edited:
But you haven't told me where you got the price from.

As some of you may recall a week or so ago when I loaded up RC assistant for the first time and a message came up on the screen to upgraded the firmware to my controller to the latest version which it said was 1.0.2.26. I didn't know any better ands said ok. I was having Issues and of sticks going all over and not calibrating correctly. I then did the RC assistant Calibrate and then did the naza calibrate and it seemed to come out of it? Well last night with props off shell on (for GPS to start motors) I turned it on both sticks down and mtrs came on but I didn't release left stick to center position and mtrs kept running. Jeesh I knew I had GREMLINS AGAIN. I push up on the throttle and Mtrs speed up a bit pull stick back down and they go even faster. I then pull left stick down to lock and Mtrs still keep running. :cool: I pull both sticks down and it stops. When I move right sticks seems to speed up more that when left stick is all the way up. By upgrading firmware could it muck up my nazda main controller? I hafta take wife to Dr. this morn but when I get back the only thing I figure I can do is to a factory reset on the phantom? Any suggestions? Maybe if this doesn't solve it I can make a Video? Jeesh :confused:

Thanks ~Duke

Done exactly the same. Dont know what I did wrong but now my contoller works reversed way round right stick seems to control speed left fwd or backward. Other than that get two green lights and everything seems ok.

Yippee! Calibrated again mode 2 and all back to how it should be. Quick lift off on the back lawn and it seems ok.

Thanks to this forum. Thanks guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl