Reverse Fly Away Purchase??

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Phantom 2 Vision +, v3.0 Quadcopter ONLY with or without, preferably with the stock 14MP Camera and Gimbal attached. Mine flew away and is long gone into a densely wooded area.

I realize this is the longest of long shots, but maybe there is a repair shop or dealer that has such a thing. Also, any info or insight on where or how to get one would be tremendously appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reactions: RedHotPoker
Long shot? Have you contacted DJI already about this loss?
I have no answers on the second purchase procedure you requested info about.
Though, I am curious, how long ago did it disappear? Thinking about whether a trained blood hound or other smart search dog, couldn't sniff out your 'bird'... I mean with very little to go on, a sock or glove they have found lost children and wayward pets/animals in the woods and forests world wide.
I think if your scent is on the quad from you handling it enough, it might, and very well could be found. There are no guaranties in life, but by not searching, it will most definitely not be found. By you anyway.
Or searching from above with another quad or perhaps in a real helicopter...
Just something I was thinking about tonight.
If I had lost a $K worth of my hobby equipment, I wouldn't be so relaxed, as you seem, about letting it go.
Good luck, in both of your searches too.

RedHotPoker

I scoured the woods for 3+ hours. Very dense, the bird might not have even landed on the ground. I contacted DJI, waiting to hear back. I posted an ad on Craigslist in the Lost & Found section and I made a flyer and posted it in neighborhoods local to the area with a picture and all the details. Trust me, I didn't give up that easily.

In the interim I am hoping there is a Dealer or repair shop that may part out a set and sell the Vision +, v3.0 copter with gimbal and camera. Or if anyone has ideas or a source, it would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: RedHotPoker
I scoured the woods for 3+ hours. Very dense, the bird might not have even landed on the ground. I contacted DJI, waiting to hear back. I posted an ad on Craigslist in the Lost & Found section and I made a flyer and posted it in neighborhoods local to the area with a picture and all the details. Trust me, I didn't give up that easily.

In the interim I am hoping there is a Dealer or repair shop that may part out a set and sell the Vision +, v3.0 copter with gimbal and camera. Or if anyone has ideas or a source, it would be greatly appreciated!
Hey tommy..
I have a mint condition p2v+ v3 that I'll sell you ..
it's only a few months old and has less than 20 flights. ..
pm me for more info..
turbo. ..

Hi tommy,
Ok, that's a good start, (but only searching 3 1/2 hrs), how long ago did this errant flight take place? When did you contact DJI & By phone or email? Man, I feel your need to get a group of friends and go back, stretch out a few good yards apart and walk through together and do a thorough hunt. Don't give up hope, before or without giving it a better look brother. That's just too high of price not to go back and look high and low. On a Saturday morning bright and early, I would be out there, if you had five people, ten would be much better. You could cover a lot of ground in a few short hours. Who knows what you may discover back in there as well. Bring drinks and hefty trash bags along.
Hopeful it will be discovered hanging safe in a tree, undamaged, but only tired and hungry for a charge and one new rotor blade. ;-).
Hope DJI can and does help you as well.

I see by your posts that you are new here, welcome to the forum. & that you already have a kind offer from another forum member. I think that kindness may be fairly representative of most of the members here.
At least that's been my experience here so far. A pretty giving crowd who mostly all get along with one another. Plenty of rib poking and joking around amongst the regulars too. I would be interested to follow this thread and see how things improve and develop for you in the next while too.
Hopefully your luck has already changed, and for what ever reason your phantom was or is lost, you can continue to enjoy the hobby, and share in the comraderie here as well.
A Phantom flew all the way into an army base that was found there and they want to return it.
So people do discover them. You never know if yours will be found, but do continue looking.

Keep your chin up and always looking forward, to a much brighter day. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers