Reusing the redundant DJI Phantom Rx and Tx on my yacht

Reaction score
I got fed up with limitations of the Phantom 2 transmitter and receiver, so I changed to a more capable Tx (FrSky Taranis). A new receiver was fitted to the Phantom 2, and is working fine. Now I was left with an old Tx and Rx -ideal for my 2 channel yacht, but I had to find out how to configure the SBus receiver.

I bought an SBus to PWM converter from Hobby King and rigged the lot up a shown in the pic. You can see, following back from the servo.. the SBus converter plugged into the left connector on the DJI Rx. The right hand 3 pin connector on the DJI Rx was used to carry in 5V power from a BEC. Signal pin is the yellow lead. This worked fine, and saves me having to buy another Rx for the yacht. I also get the use of the DJI TX, which otherwise I would have thrown away.
FYI: The converter is labeled FrSky SBus to PWM Decoder.

It may be hard to see, but the yellow signal wire is on the right where it plugs into the Rx. Left most pin is 0V and middle is +5V.

Anyone wanting to know how to rig the Phantom 2 for different Tx/Rx, then give me a tug...but I'm sure this is findable elsewhere.

Attachments

• Phantom Rx_01.JPG
    Phantom Rx_01.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,552
Hello. I can't answer to your question, sorry. But I'd li,e to ask you if you used the X8R receiver for the Taranis. I just purchased the plus radio, but with another smaller FrSKY receiver, and it seems this cannot work with the Naza MC.

Do you receive the complete telemetry on the Radio?

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20