Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Reuse Phantom 3 electronics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elsparko, May 18, 2016.

1. elsparko

have a damaged phantom 3 at home, electronics are all fine as are motors, except for camera and gimbal are totally destroyed. got a new p3a so i was hoping to make use of the whats left working of the old unit. has anyone moved the internals of a p3 to a custom/3d printed drone frame? and if so, could you point me in the right direction of the frame as i have access to print one myself?

thanks in advance guys!

2. WetDog

You can buy the camera / gimbal from a number of places. Unless you're really hankering to do a DIY, that's probably the way to go. Or troll around eBay and look for a P3 with a trashed motor / mainboard and swap the camera. Or just mod it to fly and use it as a practice drone.

If you try to put the motors and electronics on a new frame you are going to have to deal with adjusting the flight controller logic for different flying characteristics. I'm not sure that it's even possible.

3. elsparko

Hey, thanks for the reply and sorry it took me so long to get back to you! yeah, i was thinking it was going to be a bit of a big job alright! best to not tinker around with stuff i don't understand.

4. syotr

Sell the parts on Ebay.

5. elsparko

yeah was thinking that, but would feel too responsible if something went wrong with the unit after sale

6. syotr

As long as you advise the buyer that the parts were removed from a crashed Phantom, you should have no problem. I am sure there are many people looking for used parts, especially the main board which is very expensive.

7. TDKUK

I would nail it all to a tea-tray or similar and have some fun with your 'special'!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app