Returning totaled Phantom3

Yes B&H is very professional

Definitely going with Amazon next time. I bought my bird from B&H and the bird took off full tilt into a tree on one flight two weeks after receiving it. I requested and received an RMA as the tech agreed it was a malfunction. Sent the bird off to B&H for replacement and was told it would ship shortly after they received the faulty bird. A week later I get an email stating they had to send the flight data to DJI for review. Two more weeks pass with difficulties getting updates. DJI determined the user had control when the bird crashed and B&H sent it back.

Reactions: Earl Gray
I had a motor scream and seize on the bench when my first P3 was fresh out of the box. I had to fight Heliguy (UK) to get a replacement.............

I hope you have better luck with Amazon than I'm having. My first P3A was a W322a w/GL300B controller. My controller bricked with the latest update. So I got a RMA. But the replacement was a W322 with old motors and old control. Got an RMA because I told them I didn't want to go backwards. The next two I had to pay for because the first one had not been processed through yet. I just sent number 4 back because I have yet to receive a new version like my first one. So with nearly $3000. Out there I am through with Amazon.

thormanf, just stick with them. I think they will fix you up in the end. I think they would make it a point to help if they knew what phantom box was a new one and what is an older style one. Are the boxes even any different between the ones with the newer motors and the originals?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Every time I would ask them to check the sticker next to the bar code sticker and if it said W322a and GL300B that it would be the one I wanted. If you give them all the info what else can you do. I was like everyone else with a 30 day almost any reason will do for a return what could be better. After will you just have to say enough is enough.

Oh you are right. I wonder why they offer it with them? Kinda stupid.
I did see in another post where aim insurance is offering no limit coverage on drones.
They offer it because idiots dont read. These "insurance policies" are something like 98% profit. And 99% of the time a total waste of money.

Reactions: Gary E
You might have a difficult time getting Amazon to take it back since its wrecked. For all they know, you might have just flown into a building or something. If they will exchange it, that is what I would do. If not, DJI will examine the logs and determine if a defect caused the crash, and I would think they would replace it.
Buy from B&H In New York - they have Insurace offered by Square Trade. I called Square Trade and they confirmed that they will cover replacement for user error and placed it in writing.

If your timeline criteria still involves Amazon, then absolutely involve them. But do not be worried involving DJI. Approximately a month and a half after I bought my phantom 3 advanced, I was climbing vertically and at 60 feet,when all power turned off and the Phantom crashed to the ground. I contacted the seller from amazon and he gave me all the info I needed to contact DJI. I was sent what looks like like a brand unit within two and a half weeks. I've heard the complaints with customer service and DJI, but they were super quick and easygoing with me. Good luck with yours.

Well. I'm a believer in Amazon. They said they would send a new one in morning. No questions asked. And I told them it crashed a literally tried to burn.
They only asked that I return the other within 30 days. WOW!
They have insurance for the future to.
$138. After going through this I'm buying it.
Amazon has my business from now on.
Again wow. What a relief
I ordered a P3A October, by the end of October the drone was rapidly rocking on descents, GPS errors, & would not fly straight even with no wind... i called Amazon & had a replacement within 2 days, no issues with my replacement... they even promised they would warranty the new one for another 30 days! What an amazing company i say!

Some have really good luck and others suffer the fate. Glad they are taking care of it.

Well. I'm a believer in Amazon. They said they would send a new one in morning. No questions asked. And I told them it crashed a literally tried to burn.
They only asked that I return the other within 30 days. WOW!
They have insurance for the future to.
$138. After going through this I'm buying it.
Amazon has my business from now on.
Again wow. What a relief

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl