return to home

Reaction score
I just did my second flight, seems pretty cool, im staying down low, 6-8 feet high, I want to try return to home but I think I have to activate it with the software, the manual leeds me to think that when I activate ioc, home lock and course lock will be activated at that time. is this true or can I try return to home now. I havnt connected to the internet yet. I calibrated the compass and flew.

If you have a Phantom 2 Vision there should be no activation required. As long as you let the pre-flight checks complete (getting home and GPS locks) before flying, initiating RTH only requires turning off the controller. But be prepared if you're flying at only 6-8 feet as in RTH it will ascend to 66' before returning to the home point, and then descend.

You should connect to the internet ASAP to download the Assistants and make sure you have the latest firmware upgrades.

The RTH "activation" you reference is probably that which you can select when you switch the Vision to NAZA mode. In NAZA mode you can initiate RTH by putting S1 in the bottom position rather than turning the controller off.

As a new pilot (and from your question) I suspect you should probably stay in Vision mode until you learn more about your new machine.

RTH (return to home) is activated by switching off the controller (the one in your hands). Putting it to off.

You have no Phantom mode in the software, you have an FC40, you will install the NAZA assistant. NAZA mode.

The activation is for the IOC on the left switch on the controller. That will activate Course lock and home lock.

You can activate failsafe on the right switch if you want, but rather activate manual mode, but this mode is the absolute LAST mode to use, in case of a complete loss of control of the bird with any anything else, including switching the controller off.

Please read the manual for their description. It is very important you read through the manual entirely and these forums (and others). It took me a solid week of reading before I got mine, 3 hours to setup and configure the software, understanding what and why I'm doing stuff, IMU, compass, magnet, etc....

I got around 1.5 hours of flight time, and I'm still doing boxes and figure 8's, and I still get the controls messed up from time to time. This is an expensive hobby, and worst case can cause injury and god forbid death.

Get to know what you are doing inside out.

ericdes said:
RTH (return to home) is activated by switching off the controller (the one in your hands). Putting it to off.

You have no Phantom mode in the software, you have an FC40, you will install the NAZA assistant. NAZA mode.

The activation is for the IOC on the left switch on the controller. That will activate Course lock and home lock.

You can activate failsafe on the right switch if you want, but rather activate manual mode, but this mode is the absolute LAST mode to use, in case of a complete loss of control of the bird with any anything else, including switching the controller off.

Please read the manual for their description. It is very important you read through the manual entirely and these forums (and others). It took me a solid week of reading before I got mine, 3 hours to setup and configure the software, understanding what and why I'm doing stuff, IMU, compass, magnet, etc....

I got around 1.5 hours of flight time, and I'm still doing boxes and figure 8's, and I still get the controls messed up from time to time. This is an expensive hobby, and worst case can cause injury and god forbid death.

Get to know what you are doing inside out.

Good call!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr