Return to Home

Reaction score
When I initiate a RTH, the AC starts to descend and come straight down even tho the RTH point has been set. I have it set to go up to 30 meters and return. This started after the latest upgrade. Is there something I am missing? I did a compass and IMU calibration. I am afraid to fly it any distance because if I lose signal it will come down where it is at and not return home. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,

What do you have RTH action set to in the app you're using? You might have it set to land since the upgrade.

I have "Set current aircraft position as Home Point". The 60' answer may be it. I always do a quick RTH before I fly any distance to make sure it will return back. I will try to fly further out and check it when it stops raining here.

What @stones said. Upgrades have reset my settings back to default. I find it prudent to check all settings after an upgrade. Also, on my iPad I'm careful to hit "Done" to insure the new setting takes hold.

When I initiate a RTH, the AC starts to descend and come straight down even tho the RTH point has been set. I have it set to go up to 30 meters and return. This started after the latest upgrade. Is there something I am missing? I did a compass and IMU calibration. I am afraid to fly it any distance because if I lose signal it will come down where it is at and not return home.
if you initiate RTH while your Phantom is closer than 20 metres, it will just land where it is.
No-one has ever been able to understand why it's progranned that way - it just is.
But (almost) no-one ever initiates RTH within 20 metres except new fliers trying out RTH.

There are no such RTH settings.
You are confusing the options you can set for Loss of Signal which is a different thing.
You're right Meta. Knew it as I was reading your post. My bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik