Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Return to Home vs. Auto landing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nex Gen Pilot, May 27, 2015.

1. Nex Gen Pilot

Ok so the other day I was messing around with my Pilot App. I noticed that I did not have an altitude set for return home..... I clicked onto the Failsafe and set Altitude for 60m....... this would put it well above any trees that could be in the way on return home. Later on that day, I had just finished flying, I clicked on the auto landing button, swiped it, and to my surprise, it shot straight up instead of traveling the remaining for feet to the ground. Problem is it shot into a tree..... I made one hell of a catch..... lost a fingernail due to a spinning blade, but saved Phantom.
    My question is this: Did I change something when I went into the Failsafe Mode, I used to have an Auto landing feature. Now when I hit that button, it says it will Return Home. What did I do???

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Are you sure you did not initiate RTH instead? When you initiate RTH, your Phantom will first rise to the set altitude if it's below it. Once there, it'll fly to the home point, descend straight down, and land.

3. Nex Gen Pilot

i guess that is my point. where it used to say auto landing...... it now says RTH

4. Nex Gen Pilot

there is no auto land on the camera screen now

5. Nex Gen Pilot

Nevermind...... im an idiot.....after you auto take off......same button is auto land. What a fool...I did initiate RTH.......ughhhhh