Return to Home software change issue

Reaction score
Ok maybe I am missing something very vital here. On software version 3.04 I think it was when signal was lost or my P2V would was instructed to come home via GPS it would elevate to a specific altitude, fly over the take-off point and come straight down.

However with the last software update I was flying around then I saw my battery was getting low, so I am about 10 feet in the air flying it between two trees so I can land it (I was in a bean field)then it goes into auto return mode for battery low. This would not have been an issue previously if it went straight up but instead it decided to head straight to the take-off spot (on a diagonal line "through the tree"). It starts chopping its way through the leaves and I was able to break that mode and pull it out of the tree before there was any damage.

So I am left wondering why in the world would they change the programming for return home to go straight to the take-off point instead of verifying it is above objects first. To me I would rather have the options to set conditions where I say how I want it to go home. If I am flying in an area with really tall trees I might want it to go to a height of 150 feet if the battery hits 35% then fly in a straight line then land. Maybe I am out in my field and there is nothing around and I want it to land at 15% battery where ever it is.. I would think having options like this would give the user a better experience in his surroundings.

I know, you should not count on that feature anyway BUT if I am flying on the beach and some people come and sit to watch me fly then it goes into low battery mode, if I am low I don't like the thought of the quad mowing it's way back to the launch pad, just in case I can't regain control for whatever reason.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Viro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj